Can you heal a dog with a broken leg or do u have to go to a vet?

like does the dog need rest, cuz my dog cries everytime we pick her up. But we don't have enough money right now to bring her to the vet. Please someone tell me what to do?!!!:(

Can you heal a dog with a broken leg or do u have to go to a vet?

like does the dog need rest, cuz my dog cries everytime we pick her up. But we don't have enough money right now to bring her to the vet. Please someone tell me what to do?!!!:(...
    General Dog Discussions : Can you heal a dog with a broken leg or do u have to go to a vet?...

• You need to give your dog to a shelter if you can't afford it. Plain and simple. That's just cruel to let her suffer. >:(

• Umm... sell your sofa if you need the money! Your TV, your favorite painting, anything. Come on!! This is your DOG. Your faithful and loving companion!!!How bout selling that lovely computer your on right now. I mean, you can't be THAT broke.

• It is ILLEGAL not to provide an animal with adequate medical care. Take your dog to the vet. Now. Deal with the financial arrangements when you get there. Most vets will help you out with a payment plan. If you're too cheap to pay the vet, euthanasia is about $15-$40. You can not let the dog suffer through this, that would be twisted.P.S. People who have money for computers and internet service DO have the money for the vet...and don't even try to tell us you're using a "friend's computer"-we don't believe it.

• tayk it to a vet asaptry not to move her and just let her sleepthe less she moves the less damage causedmayb if yu cant afford a vet go buy sum kind of painkillers for her

• vet ASAP. the longer you wait the worse it can get. if the break heal incorrectly then you're going to be in big trouble. contact your vet and ask about financing (many many vets offer this). i can only imagine what kind of pain your poor dog is in. many vets offer financing program without a penalty, they are understanding- please call them.

• a dogs bones are just like a humans...lets put it this way,,if your child had a broken leg would you tell them just to rest or take them to the doctor???YOU SHOULD TAKE THE DOG TO A VET...and if you don't have enough money,ask about a weekly or monthly payment plan....

• i would reccomaned go to a vet but if you are low on cash lay your dog on its side and splent the leg straight wrap tighly in the straight direction after a few weeks start to do exercises to get the leg moving again then wrap it but not as tight as before.

• If you can't afford to go to the vets, how can u afford to take care of your dog in the right way.. Don't matter rather its a registered dog or not, you need to take care of them as you would a baby... Thats the only answer I can say!

• Hello there.Please take your dog to a vet. I know what you mean by not having enough money because a lot of people feel that way in this economy. However, we ought to cut corners elsewhere and not at the expense of our dog's well-being. I know you might be thinking about the vet bill right now. But actually, if you don't take care of the problem right away, it will result in more complications. A broken bone can be easily fixed with proper treatment by a vet. However, if left untreated, it can become very infected. When bacteria enter bone tissue, it can proliferate and cause a massive infection because the immune system's bacteria-fighting cells can't reach inside of the bone. This may lead to the loss of the limb since the limb most likely will have to be amputated. Also, it can result in chronic, recurring infections in your dog and even death. Also, if the broken bone is not immobilized by the vet, fatty tissue can dislodge from the broken bone and travel through the bloodstream causing pulmonary embolus resulting in death. An untreated broken bone can also lead to kidney failure when the blood from the fracture starts clogging up the nephrons in the kidneys. Please don't let this happen to your dog. Dogs can't speak for themselves or take care of themselves. Please don't let her continue suffering as a broken bone is extremely painful and can turn into fatal complications.

• Money or not.... if the dog needs medical attention and you do not provide it, it is a criminal offense. A broken leg definitely falls under the category of needing medical attention.If you do not take this dog to the veterinary emergency clinic, you can have your dog taken from you and you can be charged with felony animal cruelty.Which means you could go to jail.Wanna re-think that 'no money' excuse??If you truly cannot afford medical treatment, your obligation is to call Animal Control and surrender the dog to them. Before they find out on their own that you have refused treatment and arrest you.

• u know what, i am sorry, but this is just rediculous... if you had a broken leg, would you just hang out at home and not move for 6 - 8 WEEKS while your leg healed? and prolly healed misformed and then you walked with a limp for the rest of your life, and possible a leg shorter than the other? i mean, really.. i got my puppy when she was 2 months old and 5 days after i got her, she fell and broke her foot.. it hurt her terribly.. do u know what i did - immediately brought her to the emergency vet where they gave her pain meds that lasted for 2 weeks, because thats how hard it would be for this pup and she had to go to the vet every week for the next 6 weeks to have the splint changed and checked to make sure it was healing properly, that she would have as little to no pain at the break site when she got older... really, take your poor dog to the vet, or give her to a shelter who can properly care for her.. its not fair!!!