can neapolitan mastiff's get along with south african boerboel's?

if known from pups, can these two breeds and their similar temperments mesh with good training?

if known from pups, can these two breeds and their similar temperments mesh with good training?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : can neapolitan mastiff's get along with south african boerboel's?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• can neapolitan mastiff's get along with south african boerboel's?

can neapolitan mastiff's get along with south african boerboel's? Dog Breed Discussions
      if known from pups, can these two breeds and their similar temperments mesh with good training?

can neapolitan mastiff's get along with south african boerboel's? Dog Breed Discussions
    • hi, im sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but if you love dogs then will you please sign the petition to stop dogs being slowly, painfully and inhumanley slaughtered in south korea??please, please!if i could just get a few people to sign, i'd be able to feel like i've acheived somthing. please. please IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE!! www.uniteddogs.com/stopkillingdogs

• there is no reason for them not to - as soon as they figure out who is 'the boss', it should be smooth sailing for everyone!All the best with your new puppy !

• If you are willing to train your dogs then YES! All dogs can get along with one another. You just need to socialize them properly from the get go. Remember you are the Alpha. You set the standard by which they will interact with one another. Their temperaments have no bearing as to how they will interact. If I can make a Beagle behave with 2 cats, then you can workout to dogs lives with one another.Be strong, and Good Luck!

• Both are powerful, domineering breeds. You'd have to have PLENTY of experience with strong-willed dogs to keep peace in your home. They'd have to be VERY well-socialized right from the beginning, and as you know, you'd have to train them well. You'd also have to exercise both extensively; they're working breeds, and they must be heavily stimulated every day. Failure to exercise them properly would result in behavioral problems like destructiveness or redirected aggression.These are both breeds that are usually "okay" with other animals if well-bred, -socialized and -trained. However, they don't take flak from other dogs, in most cases. If provoked, they hold their ground, so if your two *did* squabble, it could have pretty dramatic consequences. Just keep that in mind.But, yeah, if you know how to handle domineering breeds and how to pick a good breeder, socialize well and train properly, Neos and Boerboels can certainly coexist.If you want to take these two breeds on, I do have just a few things that you may want to read:"For the Love of a Dog" by Patricia McConnell"Before and After Getting Your Puppy" by Dr. Ian Dunbar"Calming Signals" by Turid Rugaas"Debunking the Dominance Myth," an article on DogPublic. It's down at the moment, but Google it occasionally, it should be back up soon.