Why kind of mate should I get for him?

I have an African Boerboel. He is a fairly large dog. He isn't dominating what so ever and very mellow. So what breed of dog should I get for him. He's 210 pounds. Here is a picture for you. And yes this is my dog. I just let a website use his…

I have an African Boerboel. He is a fairly large dog. He isn't dominating what so ever and very mellow. So what breed of dog should I get for him. He's 210 pounds. Here is a picture for you. And yes this is my dog. I just let a website use his…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why kind of mate should I get for him?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why kind of mate should I get for him?

Why kind of mate should I get for him? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have an African Boerboel. He is a fairly large dog. He isn't dominating what so ever and very mellow. So what breed of dog should I get for him. He's 210 pounds. Here is a picture for you. And yes this is my dog. I just let a website use his picture.http://puppydogweb.com/gallery/southafricanboerboels/southafricanboerboel_thienel2.jpgMate I mean a female.Let me rephrase that. He won't be breeding are anything like that. I just want him to have a nice female friend.I don't plan on breeding him. He is neutered. It's an old picture.

Why kind of mate should I get for him? Dog Breed Discussions
    • First beautiful dog. Personally i would suggest another large breed dog so if they get to rough housing no one gets hurt. 210 pounds could kill a yorkie without even trying.SuggestionsGreat DaneBull Mastiff or another Mastiff familySaint Bernardor maybe even another of the same breed sense you're already familiar with it.for the record to the thumbs down person i answered his question before he put the girlfriend. Mate doesn't always mean something sexual. I thought he meant a play mate.

• get him neutered. Why would you add to the pet over population? It is unhealthy for your dog to breed him, keeping him intact causes major behavior and medical problems. Every puppy you bring into this world kills another in the shelter waiting for a home. Get your dog neutered and don't be a back yard breeder.

• What i think you should get him is neutered. There are way to many dogs in need of a home, and its not fair to bring more into this world. And by you asking what kind of dog you should mate him with, means you are open to the idea of mating him with another breed, creating a mutt. Thats a very irresponsible thing todo. You know how many mutts specifically are in the shelter? Or getting euthanized? Way too many, so think about thatOh, but if your referring mate as in "friend", than i think you should get another large dog,one of the opposite sex, maybe another African Borboel. Or maybe even a great dane, that breed is a gentle giant, and overall gets along well with other dogs