my big dog attacked my smaller dog and now hes acting really weird?

so a few hours ago my big dog nala (a south african boerboel) attacked my small dog chief (a min pin) and im not really sure why. My mom was letting them back inside and Nala just traped Chief in a corner and im not really sure what happed i just herd…

so a few hours ago my big dog nala (a south african boerboel) attacked my small dog chief (a min pin) and im not really sure why. My mom was letting them back inside and Nala just traped Chief in a corner and im not really sure what happed i just herd…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : my big dog attacked my smaller dog and now hes acting really weird?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• my big dog attacked my smaller dog and now hes acting really weird?

my big dog attacked my smaller dog and now hes acting really weird? Dog Breed Discussions
      so a few hours ago my big dog nala (a south african boerboel) attacked my small dog chief (a min pin) and im not really sure why. My mom was letting them back inside and Nala just traped Chief in a corner and im not really sure what happed i just herd Nala growling really loud and then Chief yelped really loud and then chief ran to his dog house and wouldnt come out for a while, he doesnt seem to have any injurys but hes been shaking so much and hes acting weird. He sleeps in the bed with my parents everynight but earlier he wasnt in the bed with them he was laying on this chair near them and i just went back there to check on him and he was no where to be found and i looked everywhere and i found him laying in the dark in the bathroom closet, when i turned the lights on he was just laying there shaking :/ hes never layed there before and hes just acting really weird and i dont know what to do

my big dog attacked my smaller dog and now hes acting really weird? Dog Breed Discussions
    • He has obviously been traumatized. I have seen this with my Lab. He was attacked by a Husky and was acting weird too. It took him a while, but after petting him, consoling him, and socializing him to another friendly husky, he was better. Your puppy may be more traumatized than mine was. I would definitely talk to your vet (over the phone at least) if he does not seem like he is getting better.If Mala does it again or Chief no longer feels safe around Nala, you will either need to keep them separated unless someone is able to supervise them OR unfortunately for the safety of Chief, you will have to find him or Nala another home (this is just if they some how hit a turning point where they can no longer get along or the same thing happens multiple times).Good luck and I hope Chief feels better :)

• He is probably just afraid now. My chihuahua does the same stuff when I turn on the washing machine (weird, right?). However, I would take him to the vet for a quick exam. He may look fine, but he might have some internal injuries you don't know about. This can be especially true if he starts panting heavily for no apparent reason. A lot of times that happens when a dog is in pain. An exam is not usually not too expensive. I had to take my Pom today to have a lump checked, and it was only $25

• He's been severely frightened and may in fact suffer from an internal injury. Get him to a vet immediately, and then you and your mother consult a dog trainer to learn how to prevent this from happening again.Google NILIF training and Small Dog Syndrome for more insight into why this may have happened.

• Your parents have been favoring the small dog, by letting it sleep on their bed. I suspect that they are also favoring it in other ways. Your parents are treating the small dog as "top dog" and Nala is challenging this.Your small dog needs to be taken to the vet and your parents must change their ways. Separate the dogs when you go out.

• I think a vet visit is in order. Dogs who are injured, hide. And you don't have to tell your parents to change their ways. There is nothing wrong with the dog sleeping with them, and that act has nothing to do with the aggression shown by the other dog.Many times we don't catch what is going on when two dogs interact. The Minpin could have had something the other dog wanted, or the Minpin could have started the whole thing. If you didn't see it, you can only speculate. For now, this dog needs to see a vet, and both dogs need to be supervised when together.