How to pick a good breeder with a good breeding stock...?

When you really know nothing about hip scores and such.I (in the future) want to buy a South African Boerboel Mastiff, my dream dog.It is VERY important to me that my future dog is in great health (and hopefully hip displasia free, which is a big…

When you really know nothing about hip scores and such.I (in the future) want to buy a South African Boerboel Mastiff, my dream dog.It is VERY important to me that my future dog is in great health (and hopefully hip displasia free, which is a big…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to pick a good breeder with a good breeding stock...?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to pick a good breeder with a good breeding stock...?

How to pick a good breeder with a good breeding stock...? Dog Breed Discussions
      When you really know nothing about hip scores and such.I (in the future) want to buy a South African Boerboel Mastiff, my dream dog.It is VERY important to me that my future dog is in great health (and hopefully hip displasia free, which is a big concern)What hip scores do you look for? What are other things do you look for?On most of the sites I have seen, the boerboel breeders seem to have good intent with their breedings (breeding to better the quality and such instead of just breed for $$$) and most post the scores of their breeding sires and dams.and by hip scores, I of course mean the parents :pMaybe you should try ''google'' Bri, it's a wonderful invention.thank you nosaj and julie..exactly what I was looking for.

How to pick a good breeder with a good breeding stock...? Dog Breed Discussions
    • If you are talking about OFA hip scores, nothing should be bred unless it has a rating of either good or excellent. IMO, a *fair* hip score is not good enough to be bred. I'm not sure how the Penn Hip scores go, so maybe someone else will chime in about that. I've only used the OFA when I use to breed Dobes.