What is a good way to get our puppy to stop barking at our 3 year old dog?

We have a 6 month old puppy and a 3 year old dog. The puppy has recently started barking at our dog, at the wall etc. How can we make it stop?

We have a 6 month old puppy and a 3 year old dog. The puppy has recently started barking at our dog, at the wall etc. How can we make it stop?...
    General Dog Discussions : What is a good way to get our puppy to stop barking at our 3 year old dog?...

• What is a good way to get our puppy to stop barking at our 3 year old dog?

What is a good way to get our puppy to stop barking at our 3 year old dog? General Dog Discussions
      We have a 6 month old puppy and a 3 year old dog. The puppy has recently started barking at our dog, at the wall etc. How can we make it stop?

What is a good way to get our puppy to stop barking at our 3 year old dog? General Dog Discussions
    • I point at the puppy, snap my fingers, and use a command like "shame" or "ssht" When the puppy stops barking, I praise him. I address behavior issues the second they start and stand toe to toe with my puppy until they stop barking. I address this as many times as I have to until I win the war, each time taking less and less time for the puppy to understand I am not happy with her. If she were my warning bark dog, I would assess what she is barking at, and give her a thumbs up hand signal if I wanted her to continue to bark, or I would shake my finger at her like a scold and scrunch up my face so she knows I am disappointed in her and she has to stop barking. I am wondering if he is barking at the wall if there is a vision issue you should be watching for, or maybe a loss of hearing.

• Generally, there are eight reasons why dogs bark: * Territorial or defensive barking * Excitement, or happiness at seeing you * Play and exercise * To get your attention or to signal you (i.e. "I have to go potty!") * Aggravation over not being able to attain something (such as your pork chop). * Social barking in response to other dogs * Separation anxiety and trepidation * Compulsive behavior Check this link for more info.http://dogtime.com/barking-aspca.html