seriously considering the boerboel breed?

iv been researching some mastiff breeds like the cane corso and boerboel ect now iv made my decision on gettin a boerboeli no alot of things about thembut i want to know from a experienced owner just what they are like (b'cuz i know not to believe…

iv been researching some mastiff breeds like the cane corso and boerboel ect now iv made my decision on gettin a boerboeli no alot of things about thembut i want to know from a experienced owner just what they are like (b'cuz i know not to believe…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : seriously considering the boerboel breed?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• seriously considering the boerboel breed?

seriously considering the boerboel breed? Dog Breed Discussions
      iv been researching some mastiff breeds like the cane corso and boerboel ect now iv made my decision on gettin a boerboeli no alot of things about thembut i want to know from a experienced owner just what they are like (b'cuz i know not to believe everything on the internet)i want to know about how many walks they need a daywhat they are like in generalWILL THEY ATTACK MY MATES WHEN THEY COME ROUNDif i take it off the leash on a field, then it see's another dog or person, will it try and go for itand whats the max amount of hours it can be left alone forPLEASE TRY AND ANSWER MOST OF THE ABOVE OR DONT ANSWER AT ALLiv had a male rottweiler that died when he was 6 due to a tuma in his balls :(

seriously considering the boerboel breed? Dog Breed Discussions
    • 1.) I've never heard of the breed, but if you've found a breeder, all power to you.2.) A big dog needs needs a lot of exercise. 3.) If you train it not to attack anyone, it won't.4.) Again, all about training. (whether they go for other people and dogs)5.) Puppies can only be left alone for a few hours at a time. Have you ever had a dog before?

• If you are not VERY experienced with large, dominant dogs, then I would not suggest a Boerboel or it WILL attack your friends. Boerboels need an owner that is capable of handling a HUGE dog with an even bigger protective instinct. These dogs due to their protective, guarding instinct CANNOT be off leash or outside of a fenced yard and CANNOT be allowed to think they are in charge....ever. In the right hands, they are wonderful dogs, but in the hands of a beginner, it could be disastrous. I'd suggest talking to some breeders to make sure you are capable of owning one before you just run out and get one.

• In other words for the people that dont know the breed, it is the south african mastiff. I have never had one and can not tell you experiences about them. Here is a forum with many mastiff owners on it: http://www.bigdogsporch.com/It is a forum dedicated to giant breed dog owners. Most mastiffs like a good walk everyday if that, my german mastiff is very lazy and sleeps all day. He likes car rides, but doesnt really care where he goes. With a puppy, you want to avoid any strenuous exercise as I am sure you have learned about.