People that have/had boerboel (south african mastiff)?

What do you think of the dogs? Do you know of a great breeder? Thank you=]

What do you think of the dogs? Do you know of a great breeder? Thank you=]...
    Dog Breed Discussions : People that have/had boerboel (south african mastiff)?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• People that have/had boerboel (south african mastiff)?

People that have/had boerboel (south african mastiff)? Dog Breed Discussions
      What do you think of the dogs? Do you know of a great breeder? Thank you=]

People that have/had boerboel (south african mastiff)? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I don't have one, or have owned one, but the dog seems pretty much great for a family who can be there to control, and train it. But I'd say like any other Mastiff, and any other dog, it would make a great pet with good training. Sorry if thats not what you're looking for. And nope, sorry, no known breeder from me.

• I've never had one but heres a website with puppys for sale from breeders.http://www.puppyfind.com/breed/?breed_id=176&back=%2Fsearch%2F%3Fsubmit%3D1%26str%3Dboerboel%26page%3D1You can also try http://www.petfinder.com/index.htmlI would recommend trying to find one from a shelter or someone who's selling one who isn't a breeder. So the second link would be better for that, but i'm not sure how common these breeds are. So you'll probably have better luck with the first link.They seem like good dogs,the first link has a lot of useful information about them.

• Krisley- I don' thave one, but have spoken to breeders at length at various shows I have been to in Canada. I can pass on some information they have given me. They tend to be one person dogs, esp. the females. They tend to be same-gender dog aggressive, not necessarily good with families/small children unless they are socialized with them from the first. They need a firm, experienced owner, high levels of obedience training, and constant socialization. They have not been bred to be "pets" (as opposed to working dogs) for long enough for these issues to be resolved through breeding so they must be addressed through behavior training and modification.