Teaching dog to follow human scent.?

Hello,I am interested in teaching my dogs how to track. They are still young and I was wondering how to go about it, what steps do I take. Basically im asking if you can point me in the direction of some legitimate information regarding the training of…

Hello,I am interested in teaching my dogs how to track. They are still young and I was wondering how to go about it, what steps do I take. Basically im asking if you can point me in the direction of some legitimate information regarding the training of…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Teaching dog to follow human scent.?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teaching dog to follow human scent.?

Teaching dog to follow human scent.? Dog Breed Discussions
      Hello,I am interested in teaching my dogs how to track. They are still young and I was wondering how to go about it, what steps do I take. Basically im asking if you can point me in the direction of some legitimate information regarding the training of these dogs, and also provide some advice you have from personal experience.The breeds are:-Boerboel aka South African Mastiff-Rhodesian ridgebackI appreciate your help and advice.

Teaching dog to follow human scent.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • There are two types of tracking that most people get involved in, sport tracking and actual, real tracking like that used by police agencies, etc.Go to dogwise.com and look for books and DVD's on the subject you are interested in. You may also want to check out articles by the RCMP who I believe has some of the best tracking dogs in the world.There are also articles about hard surface tracking done in Holland by their police and that is the hardest tracking title I have ever seen a dog getting. Hope I helped!