Dogs owner still has not picked him up yet?

I asked this question earlier, he is a purebred S,african boeldoer or how ever u spell it. They were supposed to pick him up today i called three times and no answer they were supposed to be here this morning. Its not 9PM here and still no calls yet or…

I asked this question earlier, he is a purebred S,african boeldoer or how ever u spell it. They were supposed to pick him up today i called three times and no answer they were supposed to be here this morning. Its not 9PM here and still no calls yet or…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Dogs owner still has not picked him up yet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dogs owner still has not picked him up yet?

Dogs owner still has not picked him up yet? Dog Breed Discussions
      I asked this question earlier, he is a purebred S,african boeldoer or how ever u spell it. They were supposed to pick him up today i called three times and no answer they were supposed to be here this morning. Its not 9PM here and still no calls yet or they hvent shown up. If they call tomorrow should i charge a late fee if so how much and also what should i do with him if they never come pick him up BESIDES taking him to a shelter.srry i ment its NOW 9 pm hereThey gave me to cell numbers i called both and they are not answering. I am kinda worried like they got in a car accident.yes dog boarding we are not a kennel we do this out of our home but we have a kennel liscenceThey were supposed to be here at 10 am they could of at least called me and i was NOT talking about taking him right now i ment in like a week

Dogs owner still has not picked him up yet? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I would still give it a few days.Maybe something has hppened or there plans changed. Still yet, they should have notified you, so that was wrong on there behalf.You could charge them a little more.A rescue would gladly take him, but I would check into the legal matters of this situation before doing so.

• I don't understand the question??Did they buy this dog and they haven't picked him up or are you watching the dog???Please add details.Well if the owners haven't returned yet maybe they are running late, they are stuck somewhere, or possibly got into an accident. You need to keep their dog and care for it until you hear from them.

• You haven't said why he is there. Were you dog sitting or are you a groomer? If either applies I would put in your release form a charge in the event that owners are late or the dog must stay overnight. There is something else to consider though and that is if you are licensed to do business as a groomer or what have you, you may not be allowed to board a dog overnight. In that event do some research and find a kennel that can and will take them if need be. Put that in some type of contract signed when owners leave their dogs so that you have the authority to bring them to the kennel that you find and the owner will be responsible for the charge. You never know some emergencies could come up where owners can't get back in time to get their dogs. Of course there is always the possibility that owners may basically dump a dog with you thinking that eventually you will rehome it. If owners aren't willing to leave a credit card number that can be billed in the event they do not pick up their dog that might be a warning sign in the event you have a grooming salon.

• You mean a Boerboel? Those are pretty intense dogs. Anyway, if they do not pick up their dog when they agreed to, then technically you are allowed to charge for every single minute past the time they were supposed to be there. I don't know if you were boarding the dog or what, but I would charge for every single hour they were late plus a late fee. If they never come, then you can surrender the dog to a shelter as an abandoned dog. Other than that, I am not aware of any other options where it couldn't come back to bite you on the bum.

• I would wait a few more days and if the don't call or pick him you can leave a voice message telling them that you are going to take him to shelter and then if they call or come get him tell them that they should give you money for feeding him and for keeping him in your house

• I would listen to Nanette..."Maybe something has hppened or there plans changed. Still yet, they should have notified you, so that was wrong on there behalf.You could charge them a little more.A rescue would gladly take him, but I would check into the legal matters of this situation before doing so."I am pretty sure there are laws and regulations, no matter what state you're in, that outline your responsibility. Technically, you have assumed the role of a professional since you're charging money. You should've been aware it may have meant you would have to care for a dog longer than anticipated.I personally, would sue the **** out of anyone that turned my dog into Animal Control because I picked up my dog a little late.

• I think you mean S. African Boerboel. If you made arrangements with the owners to pick the dog up on a certain day, then it is certainly appropriate to add an additional fee for each day over the agreed upon time.If the dog is a Boerboel, and they never pick it up, then your best option is to try to locate a rescue group that is prepared to deal with this particular breed. They are a generally dominant breed, and are one of those breeds that are generally not recommended for inexperienced owners. A shelter might not even try to adopt the dog out, but simply put it down at the first opportunity, due to its size and breed.I've posted the link to the American Boerboel Club's contact page. You could ask them to refer you to a rescue group if necessary.I hope you don't have to do any of this, and that they come get their dog soon.Edit: The suggestion others have made to check into how and when you could legally claim ownership is a good one.

• Check with your state/province laws. There are certain requirements that can be unique to where you live. I am aware of a situation where a dog had been left for a month, the boarders placed the dog with a new family, and the old owners came back. The police came and forced the new family to surrender the dog back to the old owners at risk of being charged with theft.So CYA and check out the laws.

• These people are not even a day late?Maybe they missed their flight. Maybe they had to take a later flight and their cells are off. Maybe their cell is dead. Maybe they were in an accident. Maybe they thought they were picking up the dog tomorrow. There are DOZENS of reasons. For heavens sake. It's not even a day and you are talking about taking their dog to a shelter!!!!!!!!!!!I am shocked! I sincerely hope you aren't serious about this. I'm sure it's a misunderstanding. Charge them an extra day and don't worry about it. If it goes on longer than a few days, contact their vet. You have that information don't you?If you took my dogs to a shelter because I was a few hours late because my plane was late and I was stuck in an airport or my cell died and I didn't have your number with me, I'd have a complete and total fit!Granted, I'd have all that info with me and have called you but who knows. Maybe they are stuck on a plane somewhere. It may be miscommunication. If it isn't, I'd leave messages on all their phones. Daily. I'd document this. After a week, I'd consult a lawyer. You are running a business. You need to make sure you are doing things legally.