presa canario, cane corso, boerboel, Argentinian Mastiff?

whats going on I'm looking for a bad *** dog that will have a high protective state but also a friendly one when I'm around my friends and family I'm not looking for it to be a mean dog i just like that look of a real mean muscular dog but real nice, and…

whats going on I'm looking for a bad *** dog that will have a high protective state but also a friendly one when I'm around my friends and family I'm not looking for it to be a mean dog i just like that look of a real mean muscular dog but real nice, and…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : presa canario, cane corso, boerboel, Argentinian Mastiff?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• presa canario, cane corso, boerboel, Argentinian Mastiff?

presa canario, cane corso, boerboel, Argentinian Mastiff? Dog Breed Discussions
      whats going on I'm looking for a bad *** dog that will have a high protective state but also a friendly one when I'm around my friends and family I'm not looking for it to be a mean dog i just like that look of a real mean muscular dog but real nice, and protective when it needs to be.. I'm almost positive that the Argentinian mastiff would be the best pick but i just want to know why the other ones wouldn't be if they weren't brought up right and brought up playful and all of that please help thank youholy sh*t im not looking for a mean or badass dog im looking for a mean looking and muscular dog, im not trying to kill people i want it to be friendly and playful just have a real bad look to it christ

presa canario, cane corso, boerboel, Argentinian Mastiff? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Canis panther! check the website www.canispanther.com. You will be impressed about a dog not many people heard of before. You want muscular intimidating 200% protection ability, they are the absolute top in their class.

• I say a masstive too i have one and they are verry protective to you and your family and friends you just need to get it As a baby to teach it. and so it would know you better. It is a mean muscular dog to everyone but you.If you dont want a masstive i say a pit bull i have one of those too they are verry nice to you and people it knows but sometimes they turn on you and try to bite you if you try to whip it or etc. so i think your best bet is a masstive

• Are you aware that at least one of those breeds has a warning in it's standard that a judge should not even touch the animal?Aggression is inherited.Get yourself one of the breeds that is feared by potential criminals, and the adrenaline smell of any intruder should be enough to get the dog's attention.Also consider the fact that most of these dogs drool, and may not be appealing after awhile.

• I would never recommend any of these dogs to a first time dog owner, only a very experienced dog owner, so hopefully you are one :)Argentinian mastiffs, AKA dogo argentino are great dogs! Similar to pit bulls... very sweet and loyal! That's a dog with a ton of heart! I would say that the African boerboel and dogo are very similar. Presa canarios are natural guards but can be very difficult to train, so if you are looking for obedience and discipline when it comes to "knowing when to guard" this might not be the dog for you.If you are a VERY experienced dog owner another breed to consider might be the Fila Brasileiro. This is one of the only dog breeds allowed to show aggression in a dog show because it's natural guarding instinct is so strong. They are very loyal to family but do pose a concern when it comes to friends or strangers in the house.I would say you are right on the money with the Argentinian mastiff (Dogo Argentino)... These are great dogs. Wonderful with children, family and friends, yet great guards! And it doesn't hurt that they're damn beautiful! :)*EDIT* I agree that it is not good to get dogs like these based on looks, but some of these answers are too harsh! I am a veterinary student and shelter employee, and it is great that people are interested in adopting breeds like this because pit bulls, mastiffs and rotties are at the top of the death lists! There is also nothing wrong with liking the look of these dogs as long as you are not going to use them wrongly and you will take great care of them. It's not necessarily compensating for something, for example... I am a tiny girl with a pit bull who I adore, not trying to look bad ass or make myself tough at all :) I didn't get him for his "bad ass" look, but because he came to the shelter I work at in desperate need of rescue! Despite this... I LOVE the look of pits, rotties, dobies, and mastiffs of all kinds!

• I could be wrong..but I would say with your experience level, look at a more manageable dog like: Stafforshire Bull TerrierAmerican Stafforshire Terrier MiniBull or Bull Terrier The above breeds are all muscular, very athletic, and GREAT with people and strangers (generally).**they also require vigilence, training work, and maturity...but are typically more managable.If you must have one of the Molosser breeds in your question...then my pick for you would be Cane Corso. They are "usually" manageable for new owners..all depends on the line.Steer clear of Fila Brazileiro, Perro de Presa Canario, Dogo Canario, Canis Panther...or any other large breed working or high-drive lines. They are not family dogs, that kick it with your friends on the weekend. They will land you in court. **These are generalizations that hold true...there are always exceptions. Consult your breeder for advisement on temperment of specific litters your looking at.**Askers comment on 'bringing up right (dog)'. Often, the road to disaster is paved with good intentions...dog world is no exception. Dog owners get F'd up because they shower thier dogs with Love, treating them like People...the dog ends up running the show.Any owner of these breeds must have a command of dog psycology, and be "THE" dominate force in the Home and when in public with the dog. Good Luck.

• I honestly dont think that either of these dogs suit your need! As a bad A$$ dog, all these dogs are of molloser type so all will be big, musculas, etc. but these dogs can be dangerous and they are not for novice bully breed owners. These dogs were bred for gaurding which makes naturally weiry towards strangers. So if you have to make the decision in want a guard dog or a family friend! Not saying that neither of these breeds can be both, but I just dont want anymore bad press for these bully breeds and your post raises concerns!