how to make a new dog like you?

we are getting a new dog soon. And whenever we bring another pooch home it becomes a compatition between me and my siblings to win the dogs heart. The dog i a puppy so im trying to get him to like me and bond with me the most. ANY IDEAS?

we are getting a new dog soon. And whenever we bring another pooch home it becomes a compatition between me and my siblings to win the dogs heart. The dog i a puppy so im trying to get him to like me and bond with me the most. ANY IDEAS?...
    General Dog Discussions : how to make a new dog like you?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how to make a new dog like you?

how to make a new dog like you? General Dog Discussions
      we are getting a new dog soon. And whenever we bring another pooch home it becomes a compatition between me and my siblings to win the dogs heart. The dog i a puppy so im trying to get him to like me and bond with me the most. ANY IDEAS?

how to make a new dog like you? General Dog Discussions
    • Dogs love everybody. But, to get the dog to make you the preferred owner, I'd just spend a lot of time with the puppy and give it lots of treats. After the puppy is used to you, move it's bed into your room. If you're the one who trains him, he'll probably prefer you over your siblings.

• Dont come onto the dog so strong. Let him come to you pretty much and rub him the best.. like find him spots behind the ears lower back scratching etc. Dont try to be up his ass 24/7 i know its hard cause its a new animal but trust me itll all pay off!

• If you want the dog to have a better bond with you, you should be working with him and taking care of him the most. Train him basic obedience commands, teach him tricks, play with him, take him on walks, and feed him. Doing things like Agility is a great way to build a good relationship between your dog and you. It also builds up trust. There are also other things you can do with your dog besides Agility. If your dog is a registered purebred you can put him in dog shows. If not you can put him in Flyball or rally. There are more but I can't think of them at the moment...you can always look for dog classes in your area and pick something that interest you. Working with him and taking care of him really helps build a good bond. He will see you has his caretaker.