How do you keep antibiotic or suntan lotion on your dogs nose?

My dog has a peach nose but developed scabs on the top of his nose. I believe he got it sunburned. It was the end of the summer so I didn't worry about it. However, when the scabs went away it was light pink. He has occationally gotten bleeding spots on…

My dog has a peach nose but developed scabs on the top of his nose. I believe he got it sunburned. It was the end of the summer so I didn't worry about it. However, when the scabs went away it was light pink. He has occationally gotten bleeding spots on…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you keep antibiotic or suntan lotion on your dogs nose?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you keep antibiotic or suntan lotion on your dogs nose?

How do you keep antibiotic or suntan lotion on your dogs nose? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has a peach nose but developed scabs on the top of his nose. I believe he got it sunburned. It was the end of the summer so I didn't worry about it. However, when the scabs went away it was light pink. He has occationally gotten bleeding spots on it. This makes me think he is hurting his nose on something. I am not sure what but how to I help him heal it and protect it. He licks off anything I put onto it.

How do you keep antibiotic or suntan lotion on your dogs nose? General Dog Discussions
    • Hmmm...if he doesn't have open sores on his nose you could try mixing Tabasco Sauce with the SunTan Lotion. I've used Bitter Apple for furniture with various dogs and they don't even hesitate to chew. Tabasco Sauce works pretty well for most dogs, but never tried it on a nose before.