How do I get a dog to stop using the washroom everywhere in house?

I have a dog and it pees and poos everywhere and my family really gets mad so they leave her downstairs by herself and I dont like that. I aslo have those sheets for the dog to go pee but she goes everywhere but that sheet.

I have a dog and it pees and poos everywhere and my family really gets mad so they leave her downstairs by herself and I dont like that. I aslo have those sheets for the dog to go pee but she goes everywhere but that sheet....
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get a dog to stop using the washroom everywhere in house?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get a dog to stop using the washroom everywhere in house?

How do I get a dog to stop using the washroom everywhere in house? General Dog Discussions
      I have a dog and it pees and poos everywhere and my family really gets mad so they leave her downstairs by herself and I dont like that. I aslo have those sheets for the dog to go pee but she goes everywhere but that sheet.

How do I get a dog to stop using the washroom everywhere in house? General Dog Discussions
    • When she looks like she needs to go take her outside and let her do her thing! Or every hour or so let her out or leave her outside for like 5 min. and take her back in! Those sheets suck... I used to use them for my dogs too... they don't work...

• You need to cage train. The dog cannot be by herself, downstairs. She needs to be in a dog cage and cage trained, in the main part of the house. If they can't do this, they need to give her to an animal rescue league: www.petfinder.comIt is easy to cage train. Get the book, "Puppies for Dummies".If the dog is not kept in the main part of the house, she will have socialization problems.1. Dog in cage.2. Take out in the morning, on a leash and watch her.3 .Praise exhuberently for any successes, as though she won the lottery.4. Bring in and give a treat.5. Feed dog.6. Repeat 2, 3, 4.7. Play with dog on a tiled surface for no more than 10 or 15 minutes, directly supervising. NO CARPET.8. Put back in cage.9. Let out each couple hours, depending on the dog.Any accidents while on the tile means you kept dog out too long. Don't do this next time. For accidents: Soak up with paper towel, put on grass, show dog and in calm voice, say, "Good dogs go out". That is all you will make of it. No scolding and definitely no yelling at all. The dog NEEDS to come out of the basement or wherever she is. In the cage, she cannot have accidents on the floor. Praise for every good action. Dogs live for praise. Dogs do not learn from scolding or isolation. No pee pads, either.

• puppy pads teach a dog to use the floor as a toilet.House train the dog by taking her out often. Praise when it goes outside. When you can't supervise the dog, keep it in a crate. make sure the crate is the right size for the dog. A dog won't poop or pee in its bed, and the crate is the dog's bed (NOT FOR TIME OUT, dogs don't understand time out). The crate is a good place where it can go to relax and unwind, not a place for the dog to be put when its done bad.You will need to start walking the dog very often. Every two to three hours to make sure it goes outside every single time. If you find a mess, just clean it up. Do not punish the dog for a cold puddle on the floor it did ten minutes ago, it won't connect the two. Rubbing a dog's face in the mess teaches it NOTHING.If you catch the dog preparing to use the floor, scoop it up or startle it out of the moment with a sharp little noise (like a yip) and bring it outside to finish. Praise the dog when it finishes outside instead of on the floor.