Anyone know for sure if it's 1 bortetella injection a year for dogs or 2?

I've called so many vets and got so so many different answers, Last year my 2 dogs had the injections and it said annual. Now our vet says they need another one six months later. I was told if it was the nasal drops given then they get it twice,…

I've called so many vets and got so so many different answers, Last year my 2 dogs had the injections and it said annual. Now our vet says they need another one six months later. I was told if it was the nasal drops given then they get it twice,…...
    General Dog Discussions : Anyone know for sure if it's 1 bortetella injection a year for dogs or 2?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anyone know for sure if it's 1 bortetella injection a year for dogs or 2?

Anyone know for sure if it's 1 bortetella injection a year for dogs or 2? General Dog Discussions
      I've called so many vets and got so so many different answers, Last year my 2 dogs had the injections and it said annual. Now our vet says they need another one six months later. I was told if it was the nasal drops given then they get it twice, injection gets it once. They are never around other dogs or in kennels etc. Anyone know?

Anyone know for sure if it's 1 bortetella injection a year for dogs or 2? General Dog Discussions
    • Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccine should be given annually. Many vets use the intranasal method, while other prefer to inject.Also, if you plan to board your dog, it's always a good idea to give it a booster about a week prior.