Is it normal for a dog to make soft, high pitched whines?

My dog makes weird wheezing, high pitched noises some days. It's not that she's sick, it's more of a whiney nasal noise. Sometimes when we're in the car she does it. But not when she's sleeping. Why?

My dog makes weird wheezing, high pitched noises some days. It's not that she's sick, it's more of a whiney nasal noise. Sometimes when we're in the car she does it. But not when she's sleeping. Why?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it normal for a dog to make soft, high pitched whines?...

• Is it normal for a dog to make soft, high pitched whines?

Is it normal for a dog to make soft, high pitched whines? General Dog Discussions
      My dog makes weird wheezing, high pitched noises some days. It's not that she's sick, it's more of a whiney nasal noise. Sometimes when we're in the car she does it. But not when she's sleeping. Why?

Is it normal for a dog to make soft, high pitched whines? General Dog Discussions
    • It is probably just a nasal problem. It doesn't matter if they ar not asleep. They can just be breathing. It is most common in small dogs, but if its a big or even medium sized dogs you need to go to the vet. If it's more or a whimper, then they see something that is to close to where they have determined is their territory.