Another question about kitty found in engine compartment?

I found a tiny little kitten in the engine compartment of my car. I took him to the vet, and he gave him a clean bill of health, he's between 5 and 6 weeks old. My husband and I have decided to keep him. The problem is, he has a very crusty nose, like…

I found a tiny little kitten in the engine compartment of my car. I took him to the vet, and he gave him a clean bill of health, he's between 5 and 6 weeks old. My husband and I have decided to keep him. The problem is, he has a very crusty nose, like…...
    General Dog Discussions : Another question about kitty found in engine compartment?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Another question about kitty found in engine compartment?

Another question about kitty found in engine compartment? General Dog Discussions
      I found a tiny little kitten in the engine compartment of my car. I took him to the vet, and he gave him a clean bill of health, he's between 5 and 6 weeks old. My husband and I have decided to keep him. The problem is, he has a very crusty nose, like discharge that has dried there. The vet says he's fine, but I'm worried. I have 2 other cats and a dog and I don't want them getting sick. Any suggestions as to what this might be? His eyes are clear and he's not sneezing, his breathing sounds fine too.Could it be allergies? Do cats have allergies?

Another question about kitty found in engine compartment? General Dog Discussions
    • Since he was in the car engine compartment he probably had his nose into everything greasy. Nature is now trying to clean that out. If the vet ok'd him, just wash it off. After a couple of times, it will all be gone. Did you check for greasy in his ears and on his claws as well?

• He probbably has a lot of discharge trying to get rid of the dust and grime he's been subjected to outside. their nasal passages are right down at the dirt when they smell things and they don't have the ability like dogs to keep dust and debre out of their noses. So the mucus in the nose filters the dirt from the air they breath and it is expelled, or runs out. After a few days it should start to clear as the little kitty gets himself cleaned up and settles in to a cleaner environment. Unless his eyes start watering too, I wouldn;t worry about it. If his eyes start too than he might have a respitory infection.

• I would keep him separated from the other cats, just in case. Its probably just a mild respiratory illness from all the stress he is going though. I would trust the vet.

• Cats like to find warm places to lay and hide when they sleep.The kitty may of been around some small leak of coolant or oil and sniffed at it. I would keep a check on it and the other animals, especially the cats. Than take it back to the vet in a few days and have him check again if the problem dosn,t go away, Hope the kitty does well