How do I get my dog to stop licking other dog's genitals?

My dog isn't content with just sniffing other dog's butts like all normal dogs like to do. When my dog meets a new dog, he goes to the other dog's underbelly and begins licking the other dog's genitals. I am horrified by his behavior and try to steer…

My dog isn't content with just sniffing other dog's butts like all normal dogs like to do. When my dog meets a new dog, he goes to the other dog's underbelly and begins licking the other dog's genitals. I am horrified by his behavior and try to steer…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get my dog to stop licking other dog's genitals?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get my dog to stop licking other dog's genitals?

How do I get my dog to stop licking other dog's genitals? General Dog Discussions
      My dog isn't content with just sniffing other dog's butts like all normal dogs like to do. When my dog meets a new dog, he goes to the other dog's underbelly and begins licking the other dog's genitals. I am horrified by his behavior and try to steer clear of other people and their dogs whenever I take him out. This is abnormal behavior for dogs, right?

How do I get my dog to stop licking other dog's genitals? General Dog Discussions
    • I don't see how you would stop it, it's not really a bad thing anyway. If you don't like it just keep him on a short leash when passing other peoples dogs. My dog won't ever stop sniffing other dogs asses when he meets new dogs. The owners don't seem to mind and neither do the dogs.

• It's completely normal behaviour for a dog and you shouldn't stop him because he's a dog, not a person. It's their screwed up handshake to eachother. Don't be horrified at your dog for being a dog, just don;t ever let him lick your face :P