How often is the dog park good for dogs?

My 6 month AB/Lab mix LOVES going to the dog park. We take her a couple times a week. But my husband wants to take her more often, I'm personally afraid she will pick up bad habits. I have heard other dog owners say that their dog has become defensive…

My 6 month AB/Lab mix LOVES going to the dog park. We take her a couple times a week. But my husband wants to take her more often, I'm personally afraid she will pick up bad habits. I have heard other dog owners say that their dog has become defensive…...
    General Dog Discussions : How often is the dog park good for dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How often is the dog park good for dogs?

How often is the dog park good for dogs? General Dog Discussions
      My 6 month AB/Lab mix LOVES going to the dog park. We take her a couple times a week. But my husband wants to take her more often, I'm personally afraid she will pick up bad habits. I have heard other dog owners say that their dog has become defensive or aggressive after incidents at a dog park. She has such a sweet and mild tempermant now and I worry she will change having too much interaction with some of these dogs. What do you think?

How often is the dog park good for dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • I take my dog once a day.A lot of dog owners pick a time of day, and we all meet there so they play together. After weeks of this routine, my dog just knew it was time for him to go play with his "girlfriend" and other canine friends.He hasn't really picked up "bad habbits" he's just more excited around 7pm when its time to go to the park. :)

• If you have the means, I would take your kid to the park whenever possible. just be responsible about it. Keep an eye on your kid. When and if she starts a bad behavior, just correct it. Other owners sound like they are not responsible parents. Its not the dog that picks up the bad habit but the parents that aloow it. Hope this helps

• Every day is fine, but maybe choose a time of day that's not as busy (if that's possible). The only "bad habits" my dogs ever picked up at the dog park were REALLY good sleeping habits from all the exercise.