What is the healthiest dog food that will ensure my dog to live longer and stay energized?

I just want to know what dog food will ensure my dogs all live longer and stay energized? Fact not opinion please.

What is the healthiest dog food that will ensure my dog to live longer and stay energized?

I just want to know what dog food will ensure my dogs all live longer and stay energized? Fact not opinion please....
    General Dog Discussions : What is the healthiest dog food that will ensure my dog to live longer and stay energized?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the healthiest dog food that will ensure my dog to live longer and stay energized?

What is the healthiest dog food that will ensure my dog to live longer and stay energized? General Dog Discussions
      I just want to know what dog food will ensure my dogs all live longer and stay energized? Fact not opinion please.

What is the healthiest dog food that will ensure my dog to live longer and stay energized? General Dog Discussions
    • Purina stages food is proven to add at least 4 yrs onto a dogs life. Puriana puppy chow, then whatever you want to feed them from purina as adults then the adult formula 7 and up and then the senior plus.

• Blue Buffalo is natural, holistic dog food that is very good for your dog! It is the only brand that has LifeSource Bits, cold-formed for greater potency! While it is a bit pricier than other big-name brands, it is worth it! Here is the link for the True Blue Test, on their website, to compare your current brand to Blue:http://bluebuffalo.com/sample/true-blue-results.phpGood Luck!!

• It all depends on how much you are willing to spend on your dog's food. I would recommend Hill's Prescription diet over all other diets, but it is a little pricier. Also, what breed of dog do you have? There are different foods for different needs. Most larger dogs need a large breed puppy food (I would recommend p/d [pediatric diet] large breed) then a good balanced diet to keep them healthy until they get older. Depending on what your dog's needs are like you can choose from a variety of different foods, there are foods specifically designed for kidney stones, intestinal problems, allergies, kidney failure, dogs undergoing chemotherapy, liver failure, mobility issues and more! If you want to check out the full line of products feel free to check out this website; http://www.hillspet.com/hillspet/products/prescriptionDiet/prescriptionDietSearchResults.hjsp?viewAll=trueScience Diet (produced by the same company as Hill's Prescription Diet-only sold in pet stores) is also an excellent diet to put your dog on. There are many different choices for Science Diet as well,and all of the food put out has extremely thorough testing done on it. Royal Canin and Medi-Cal diets are another recommendation that I would make. Both provide excellent products with extreme amounts of research behind them. Royal Canin is found in pet stores, however Medi-Cal is only solid in vet clinics. Some other diets that my vet recommends are; Iams, Eukanuba, and Wellness. I would recommend Hill's Prescription Diets over all other diets because they are 100% guaranteed. If your pup doesn't like the food, they will give you a full refund when you return the bag (even if it's 75% empty!). Hill's puts lots of money and effort into their research ensuring that your pet will receive the highest quality food only. Another outstanding factor is that if there is ever a food recall and your dog gets sick due to the food, Hill's will pay 100% of the costs for medical treatment. That's right, they take full responsibility for their food. Not a lot of companies will put their money on the line like that. By doing this they are essentially showing you that they will only put their best food out on the shelves (as no company wants to be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills).I have a 10 year old Labrador Retriever who was previously on Iams (another good brand if you choose to go with it). She was having joint issues and was going to have to be put on pain medication for her mobility issues. I switched her to Hill's j/d and she has done a complete 360. She started to run and jump, and I noticed that she wasn't stiff when she got up from sleeping. It was amazing. That was 2 years ago, and she still does not need pain medication. Good nutrition is the key to good life. If you want your dog to live out his or her live to the fullest, make sure good quality food is included.

• Purina. My dog has been fed Purina since he was a puppy. Now, he's 14 years old. Also, the Humane Society uses Purina. It is a fact. Check out their website and decide witch is best. :)

• The absolute healthiest way you could feed your dog would be a correctly done raw diet or homecooked diet. A good quality grain free high meat kibble would be next and then a good quality high meat grain inclusive food would be last on the list. Stay way away from store brand foods such as Science Diet, Purina, Pedigree, Iams/Eukanuba and the like. These foods are loaded with cheap fillers namely corn, soy, by products, animal digest, animal fat and the like. They are low on meat & meat proteins that dogs need and can properly utilize and way too high in grains/fillers that dogs don't need and can effectively utilize.Some good kibble choices..Orijen, Taste of the Wild, EVO, Wellness CORE, Canidae Before Grain, Back to Basics, Fromm 4 star, Wellness Super5 Mix, Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul,Merrick, Solid Gold, Innova just ot name a few.

• Nutro Ultra is an excellent choice for your dog. It contains high-quality proteins, antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and healthy oil sources. It is also supplemented with all the right essential vitamins and minerals. Ultra offers the premium quality ingredients that you want for your best friend. Nutro doesn't use any fillers, artificial colorings, artificial preservatives, or animal by-products. Also, Nutro makes all their own foods, in their own production facilities. They do not outsource the production of their foods to any outside companies.

• Purina has a good track record. I think you should try different brands on your pet and see which one he prefers. Most dog food are made by the same manufacturer and then branded under different names for distribution. Good luck