How do I prevent dog from going berserk when she sees another dog?

My daughter has a 9 year old female Sheltie that she got from previous owner. Dog was never socialized properly. I have 2 dogs (Lab and Pom) which she gets along just fine. However, when we take the dogs for walk, the Sheltie goes ballistic when she…

My daughter has a 9 year old female Sheltie that she got from previous owner. Dog was never socialized properly. I have 2 dogs (Lab and Pom) which she gets along just fine. However, when we take the dogs for walk, the Sheltie goes ballistic when she…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I prevent dog from going berserk when she sees another dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I prevent dog from going berserk when she sees another dog?

How do I prevent dog from going berserk when she sees another dog? General Dog Discussions
      My daughter has a 9 year old female Sheltie that she got from previous owner. Dog was never socialized properly. I have 2 dogs (Lab and Pom) which she gets along just fine. However, when we take the dogs for walk, the Sheltie goes ballistic when she sees another dog and even will growl at some people. She'll bark, growl and try to lunge at other dogs. What is best way to stop this behavior?

How do I prevent dog from going berserk when she sees another dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Training...I would call a local trainer, explain the dog's behavior, and go from there...when I had my puppy in obedience class, our trainer had a dog come in that was there partly to learn to socialize properly (because it had a poor attitude toward other dogs) so she used the class to help that dog learn to accept attention from other dogs without growing and snarling...