What brand of dog food should i feed my dog?

What is the best brand of dog food for golden retrievers? And how many time should i feed her a day?

What is the best brand of dog food for golden retrievers? And how many time should i feed her a day?...
    General Dog Discussions : What brand of dog food should i feed my dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What brand of dog food should i feed my dog?

What brand of dog food should i feed my dog? General Dog Discussions
      What is the best brand of dog food for golden retrievers? And how many time should i feed her a day?

What brand of dog food should i feed my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Science diet is what my dog eats. there was a recall about 2 month ago on a bunch of food: iams included. science diet for dogs was not on there.whatever food you end up buying, it will tell you the recommended amount for your dogs weight. good luck ;)

• If you want to spend a lot there's Science Diet and Iams which are vetrinarian reccommended. It depends on the weight and age of your dog on how much you should feed him.

• as we learned from the recalls, almost everything comes from china anyway, and gets packaged under different names, but it's all the same stuff. personally, i feed my dog nutro natural choice dry dog food. at night it's nutro dry mixed with little cesar wet and some leftover homecooked chicken, or meat, or sausage, or egg or something

• That depends on your dogs needs. Does she have an food allergies? Weight issues? Sensitive Stomach? Innova is a really good brand. Merrick is pretty popular with picky eaters. If you go to a local pet store, they should have free samples that you can try before buying a big bag. Check out this article for help on choosing a pet food:http://www.api4animals.com/facts.php?p=359&more=1Most adult dogs only need to be fed once or twice a day. Puppies do need to be fed more. The bag your pet food comes in will have a guide on how much to feed.

• science diet isn't a good food. vets get paid to promote them. canidae, or royal canine are good. find an all natural dog food. make sure the first three ingredients aren't some kind of wheat or corn.

• The healthiest food for most dogs is human food! But learn what your dog can handle and not handle. My dog likes soft cooked fat rice and a little chicken/fish/beef cooked with nicely diced veges like tomatoes, cawliflower (something light). I put in the broth in its bowl too. Avoid garlic, ginger etc. I dont know about most people, but i find dog food disgusting.

• You should feed her twice a day..it is better for their digestion.Some good food choices:Canidae, Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul, Innova, Solid Gold, Merrick, Fromm, Premium Edge, Percise to name a few.Stay away from store brand foods such as Purina, Pedigree, Science Diet, IAMS/Eukanuba, etc.These foods are loaded with cheap fillers and by products.

• As a general rule any dog food you can find at your supermarket is not going to be the best. Yes, this includes Science Diet and Euk and Iams. Some super premiums are Canidae, Innova, Wellness, Solid Gold, Blackwoods, Flint River Ranch to name just a few

• Most of these people gave you crap answers. Just because a dog likes something doesn't mean it's good for them. The fact that dogs are attracted to ANTI FREEZE is proof that they do not know what is good for them.Everything you need to know on how to choose what is best for your dog is on this website: http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.htmlExplains HOW To choose a best food. Basically if it has a bunch of weird things you can't pronounce in the ingredients, well.. it's junk.I feed raw. You might want to look into that too. Raw is about feeding dogs what they would eat in the wild such as raw chickens and rabbit that they would hunt and kill themselves. They have wolf like teeth for a reason.