What kind of things do you feed your dog other than dog food?

I ran out of dog food today so I gave by dog raisin brand... He loves it.. He also eats whatever I eat? How many of you out there are like me?

I ran out of dog food today so I gave by dog raisin brand... He loves it.. He also eats whatever I eat? How many of you out there are like me?...
    General Dog Discussions : What kind of things do you feed your dog other than dog food?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What kind of things do you feed your dog other than dog food?

What kind of things do you feed your dog other than dog food? General Dog Discussions
      I ran out of dog food today so I gave by dog raisin brand... He loves it.. He also eats whatever I eat? How many of you out there are like me?

What kind of things do you feed your dog other than dog food? General Dog Discussions
    • just thought u should know, raisins are toxic to dogs. i dont feed my dog table scraps. if i run out of dog food for him i go down to the grocery store (dont thumbs down me for this) and i buy whatever is the best quality food they have their just until i can get more of his normal food.

• I would advise against raisin bran, as rasins are toxic for dogs.---Some things that my dog gets on occasion are:- carrots- green beans- peas (I prefer to give them still in the pod)- lettuce- strawberries- blueberries- apples (fruit only; the seeds contain toxins)- kiwi- blackberries- raspberries- bananas- pumpkin/squash- peanut butter (great for stuffing a kong)- plain non-fat yogurt (great for stuffing a kong & freezing)- raw bones- raw meat/organs- sardines (packed in water)- salmon (packed in water)(Remember, everything in moderation. Too much of something a dog isn't used to eating can cause digestive upset, such as vomiting and/or diarrhea. Treats/snacks/extras should make up no more than 10% of your dog's diet.)If you run out of dog food, the dog will be fine to skip a meal until you can get some. That's much better than having to deal with diarrhea from sometihng the dog isn't used to eating. Or, you could do the infamous "bland diet", which is rice and boiled chicken. This is only a tie-over though, it is not nutritionally complete to feed on a regular basis.---Here are some links that have lists of things that are toxic to dogs:* Toxic plants and fruits/vegetables:http://www.acreaturecomfort.com/toxic.htm* Toxic foods and other hazards:http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_poisonsafe.

• Don't give your dog raisins, grapes, onions or chocolate.They are toxic. If you're out of dog food you can give rice, plain pasta, peas and carrots, pumpkin, oatmeal, cheerios... Best choice though is cook up some ground beef or chicken (no bones) and rice.

• well i dont really gave any table foods to my pets , expect i just boiled some healthy vegetables and chopped them into little pieces and mix with their dried foods . they love it but i also buy these small bags thats made for only dogs . its baseually made with real foods that ppl does buy from food market and also cook it but it also made for pets to also eat for dinner . it call the natural choice adualt dog food . its sometimes comes from small boxes and plastics . its has alot of different favors such as turkey and veggie casserole and its usally theyre chunks in gravy . its healthy for dogs and puppies to eat , even you can mix it with the dry food or just gave the small bag single alone. actually good for the dogs . you can even buy it at the petsmarts stores sell least 5 different favors in one single box only cost least $ 5 .00 and you can use youre petsmarts card and save extras money you also can buy from the petco store also sell the same brands dogs foods. it doesnt come from cans it just come from a small bags . also i feed my dogs for dog snacks call the smokehouse chicken breast tenders . good food for youre dogs .

• Your poor dog. You should have just gone to the store and bought him some food. Wow...I feel sorry for him. I do give my dog a few things besides dog food but not because I am too lazy to go to the store and buy him his own food! If he has an upset tummy I give him rice cooked in chicken broth. He LOVES eggs and if I make some in the morning he always gets one. He also loves yogurt and cottage cheese but doesn't get these very often. Its ok to occasionally feed your dog people food, but if you dont have the energy to go buy him food or you cant afford him please find another home for him where he will be better cared for!

• Raisins are bad. My dog will eat whatever I'm eating or whatever is made of wood or is horse crap, but that doesn't mean it's good for her.My dog gets:- bully sticks- carrots (sometimes)- peas (individual peas make fantastic "don't beg" treats)- training treats (liver.. mmm)- Greenies (but I'm going to stop with those...)