Will having my puppy a week before an adopted adult dog be a problem?

I'm getting my puppy tomorrow (a 2 month old female Shiba Inu) and my mom's picking up her 1 yr old dog from the shelter in less than a week. The dog is said to be very sweet and wont have a problem with a puppy. The thing is, we werent supposed to get…

I'm getting my puppy tomorrow (a 2 month old female Shiba Inu) and my mom's picking up her 1 yr old dog from the shelter in less than a week. The dog is said to be very sweet and wont have a problem with a puppy. The thing is, we werent supposed to get…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will having my puppy a week before an adopted adult dog be a problem?...

• Will having my puppy a week before an adopted adult dog be a problem?

Will having my puppy a week before an adopted adult dog be a problem? General Dog Discussions
      I'm getting my puppy tomorrow (a 2 month old female Shiba Inu) and my mom's picking up her 1 yr old dog from the shelter in less than a week. The dog is said to be very sweet and wont have a problem with a puppy. The thing is, we werent supposed to get the puppy before getting the dog. My mom worries thinking it could be a bad thing. Would it be different than having the dog first and getting the pup a few days later? Please help!

Will having my puppy a week before an adopted adult dog be a problem? General Dog Discussions
    • It doesn't really matter as long as you do the introductions properly. Just go slow, and make sure they both have their own separate spaces for a while until you can really be sure of how they will act around eachother.

• I would suggest keeping an eye on how they react to each other and NEVER leave them alone until you are sure they will get along. It has to do with the personality of the dog and what they have been through in the past. Some dogs are able to leave the abuse behind them and welcome a new family with open arms. Some are going to have a difficult time and react aggressively to situations that remind them of their past abuse.