I have a two year old french bulldog who has developed cysts on feet and back any help?

The initial cyst was removed from his front toe. A few months later, he developed a cyst on his back between his shoulders. The cysts start out small, red and inflamed and become larger, losing hair on and around area. Vet treating with surgery only and…

I have a two year old french bulldog who has developed cysts on feet and back any help?

The initial cyst was removed from his front toe. A few months later, he developed a cyst on his back between his shoulders. The cysts start out small, red and inflamed and become larger, losing hair on and around area. Vet treating with surgery only and…...
    General Dog Discussions : I have a two year old french bulldog who has developed cysts on feet and back any help?...

• I have a two year old french bulldog who has developed cysts on feet and back any help?

I have a two year old french bulldog who has developed cysts on feet and back any help? General Dog Discussions
      The initial cyst was removed from his front toe. A few months later, he developed a cyst on his back between his shoulders. The cysts start out small, red and inflamed and become larger, losing hair on and around area. Vet treating with surgery only and has had no suggestions for prevention. I consulted an herbalist who suggested using a shampoo with hydrogen peroxide and sulfur in it. Smells horrible and has made no difference. Please help!

I have a two year old french bulldog who has developed cysts on feet and back any help? General Dog Discussions
    • What are you feeding? Poor quality food is often a trigger for skin and coat problems. If you're not already, try switching to a grain free food like Timberwolf or Orijen.The shampoo might be too harsh. Try switching to a gentler shampoo designed for skin problems (like an oatmeal shampoo) that doesn't have a lot of fragrances or harsh detergents. An uncented puppy shampoo might be better as well.Good luck with your Frenchie. Hope he gets better soon!

• If the dog is under 2 years of age, these cysts are usually benign and are wart-like, and will usually dry up and fall off on their own over the course of several (generally 2 to 4) months... It's good that you've taken your dog to a vet, but unless they're cancerous tumors, you should really just let the virus take its course because it'll help your dog's immunity to prevent further outbreaks in the future...