Is it good to feed dogs any type of bone?

Some people prefer to feed there dogs any kind of bone...Although others prefer to feed there dogs only milk bones. Is it bad to feed regular bones to dogs?

Some people prefer to feed there dogs any kind of bone...Although others prefer to feed there dogs only milk bones. Is it bad to feed regular bones to dogs?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it good to feed dogs any type of bone?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it good to feed dogs any type of bone?

Is it good to feed dogs any type of bone? General Dog Discussions
      Some people prefer to feed there dogs any kind of bone...Although others prefer to feed there dogs only milk bones. Is it bad to feed regular bones to dogs?

Is it good to feed dogs any type of bone? General Dog Discussions
    • Raw meaty bones are GREAT to feed to dogs. Especially the non weight baring bones like chicken back, chicken necks and wings, but they have to be fresh and raw.http://www.rawdogranch.comPlease read this site on Myths about raw feeding because I had all three of my dogs on a raw diet for months. I went back to commercial food which was never in the recall and feed partial raw. Raw meaty bones are great for their teeth. One of my dogs had a history of pancreatitis pre-dating raw diet. On the raw diet, neither she nor any of my other dogs had any problems whatsoever. On the contrary, one of the reason her last bout of pancreatitis had occurred before raw diet, was due to eating rawhides and greenies and swallowing large chunks of them.The rawhides and other real animal products you buy in the store that have been preserved and dried are full of bacteria and some are preserved with formaldehyde. They are far more dangerous.Chicken bones like chicken backs, necks and wings are not bad for dogs at all IF RAW. It is the cooked bones that splinter and can cause injury. Cooked bones of any kind.I had a German Shepherd dog that broke a canine tooth on one of those large preserved real beef leg bones from pet stores.http://rawfed.com/myths/

• It's their; not there.Bones splinter and get stuck in THEIR throats. So it's safer not to feed them bones at all. Venison ears are a good alternative.

• I not give them a chicken bone, well maybe that wing tip part only.If you have one of those dogs that try to pig out you may need to be careful, those dogs swallow a bone whole. But, a well fed and cared for dog just chew it up slow.

• Any kind of bone made specifically for dogs should be okay. If you're nervous about it, I suppose you could choose to only use those made by large, well-known companies.It's okay to give your dog bones from your steak and ribs, but be careful that they don't have little pieces that can get stuck in their throats. Do NOT feed dogs chicken or other soft bones, as they will splinter and can cause injury.

• no because some bones are not good for certain dogs. if u have a big dog then you may want 2 give them bigger bones and if u have a small dog u may want 2 give them a small bone. but whatever size it is make sure it has some flavor in it. most dogs like beef, hamburger, or chicken. just don't give it any bone think about what they would mostly like

• It is better not to feed dogs bones. NEVER, NEVER feed them cooked bones, especially from chicken, steak, or chops as they can splinter into sharp fragments and perforate the dog's intestine, resulting in large vet bills or even death. There are plenty of alternatives to bones at pet stores. But don't buy solid raw hide bones because dogs can choke on them.

• I feed my dogs raw meaty bones for years. They eat an all raw diet and never get kibble. Contrary to popular belief, chicken bones are NOT dangerous to dog when fed raw. Bone changes density when cooked and can become brittle and splinter. Raw bones do not. Raw meaty bones are good for your dogs teeth. Do some research on it and dump the kibble all together! Dog have survived for 10s of thousands of years eating raw meaty bones from a variety of animals. Kibble diets have only ben around since the late 50s and really didn't boom until the 70s. Before that, all dogs ate was table scraps and raw meaty bones.http://www.rawlearning.comhttp://www.rawfed.com/myths/People who state that bones are a danger to dogs have a LOT to learn and are only repeating what they have heard. Basing their statements on fears, not facts.

• "Bones" really aren't good for any dog.......even though they may like them. There have been SO many cases in which peices of the bone get stuck in their throat and the vet has to cut them out, and sometimes they choke to death. But you can get "raw hide" in the shape of a bone, and they love it, and it's alot better for them. Thats what i get my dog =Dand yes "raw" meat bones are ok...........