what is the name of the disease that attacks puppies hind legs?

my pit bull up is 9 months old and when she lays down for any length of time she acts like its hard for her to walk nd she limps sometimes but at other times he is fine.

my pit bull up is 9 months old and when she lays down for any length of time she acts like its hard for her to walk nd she limps sometimes but at other times he is fine....
    General Dog Discussions : what is the name of the disease that attacks puppies hind legs?...

• what is the name of the disease that attacks puppies hind legs?

what is the name of the disease that attacks puppies hind legs? General Dog Discussions
      my pit bull up is 9 months old and when she lays down for any length of time she acts like its hard for her to walk nd she limps sometimes but at other times he is fine.

what is the name of the disease that attacks puppies hind legs? General Dog Discussions
    • There are a wide variety of conditions that would cause this. They range from soft tissue injuries (such as a torn ligament) to hip dysplasia and everything in between. It is not normal for a young dog to be stiff and limping when they get up. It's time to take your dog into the vet and have her diagnosed and treated appropriately for whatever the issue is.

• I would guess she either has early degenerative arthritis or hip dyplasia. Your vet would be able to both diagnose and treat her. Whatever the condition, if treated early enough it may be reversible since she's so young.