How long does it take to train police and hearing dogs?

Police dogs?Hearing Dogs?

Police dogs?Hearing Dogs?...
    General Dog Discussions : How long does it take to train police and hearing dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How long does it take to train police and hearing dogs?

How long does it take to train police and hearing dogs? General Dog Discussions
      Police dogs?Hearing Dogs?

How long does it take to train police and hearing dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Police Dogs are trained for thirteen weeks to give them the basics to go to work on the street (UK) then their training continues on an ad hoc basis to make them more proficientHearing dogs I'll leave to others because I do not knowHope that helps a bit

• In my department, we do all of our training "in house". We generally can have a "green" dog trained and ready for certification in approx. 12-16 weeks, training daily. This time frame can be reduced a little if the dog is very trainable and has had some prior training; ie: obedience, bite work, scenario work etc.. Maintenance training is ongoing.I have no experience w/ hearing dogs for the deaf.