How do I get my dogs to like other dogs?

My bigger dog (Lucky) always beats-up other dogs and harms them severely (I don't know why but Lucky is a tough fighter). And my chihuahua just cusses out other dogs and refuses to have anything to do with other dogs.The only dogs they can get along with…

My bigger dog (Lucky) always beats-up other dogs and harms them severely (I don't know why but Lucky is a tough fighter). And my chihuahua just cusses out other dogs and refuses to have anything to do with other dogs.The only dogs they can get along with…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get my dogs to like other dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get my dogs to like other dogs?

How do I get my dogs to like other dogs? General Dog Discussions
      My bigger dog (Lucky) always beats-up other dogs and harms them severely (I don't know why but Lucky is a tough fighter). And my chihuahua just cusses out other dogs and refuses to have anything to do with other dogs.The only dogs they can get along with are each other. What are some ways I can get my dogs to start having friends?

How do I get my dogs to like other dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • You are in need of an animal behaviorist to train you on how to handle your dogs. You should not let your dog harm other dogs. I always make my dogs sit quietly for 10 seconds before they can meet another dog. If your dog is that aggressive you should muzzle it in public until it has been properly socialized.

• lets see what you reallly need to do is get them to play with all sorts of dogs with your approval of coourse while they r still pups it really works so they wont get all eeerrrgggghhh when their around other dogs

• Try showing your dogs what they should and should not do. Keep repeating this until they get the message.If by a couple of weeks they have not improved, consider getting a dog trainer.

• You did not say how old your dogs are, or how long you have had them. It is important to socialize puppies when they are young, so they can learn correct responses to other dogs. If your dogs are older, you need to get them used to being around other dogs- and to associate being with other dogs to something positive (bring LOTS of treats). A park and an obedience class are a good place to start- keep them on the leash until you are absolutely sure they will NOT "harm other dogs severely"!