How do you keep a dog from biting other dogs?

my dogs(male) is fithing with other males. how do I stop that do you know?

my dogs(male) is fithing with other males. how do I stop that do you know?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you keep a dog from biting other dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you keep a dog from biting other dogs?

How do you keep a dog from biting other dogs? General Dog Discussions
      my dogs(male) is fithing with other males. how do I stop that do you know?

How do you keep a dog from biting other dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Ever thought of taking your dog through training? Not the Petsmart training, they suck. Find a private guy that trains for about the same price and same length. Don't waste money on shock collars and all that expensive stuff, go through training with your pup.

• 1. The best way to teach dog some manners is... Training!Well, thats applicable only if your dog is below below 1 yr of age... 2. When he tries to bark at other dogs.. take a roll od paper or something soft and hit him at the nose..Dogs are very sensitive when it comes to nose, then it'll know what its doing is not right... Be careful dont hit hard..After your dog stops barking give a snack... repeat this and it'll learn to obey u and not bite or bark at other dogs

• First question, has he ever bit a dog so that the other dog needed to go to the vet's? If so, you need to keep him separated from other male dogs until you have a trainer to help. In some states it may be legal for a person to sue you if your dog hurt theirs and you knew that your dog fights others.The best thing to do is to get a professional trainer to help you. If you don't want to do that just yet, try to get your dog to change his mind from '!@#$% that male dog!' to 'oh cool a male dog!' Every time he tries to fight, stop him, say 'No', and put him where he can't see the other dog for a couple minutes. (You can keep a leash on him so that you don't have to grab his collar if he's growling etc.) If he acts like he might be thinking about being friendly, praise him, encourage him, and maybe even give him a toy or a treat.If he's not neutered, neutering him may help stop the fighting. It's not a guaranteed cure-all, but it can help a lot.Good luck!

• sounds like he would benefit from obedience classes..socializing dogs is very important, and let him know you are the Alpha dog not him..do this by body language and be confidant and bold around him. a firm "no" every time he begins to show aggression might help. try to be aware and stop the behavior right away before he can bite. also, if he isn't neutered yet get fixed! have fun with him and make sure he's getting plenty of excercise i.e. walks. good luck!