What is your opinion on whether dogs can have leftover lasagna?

People have told me that dogs shouldn't have tomatoes.My dogs are insisting that leftover lasagna wouldn't hurt them a bit.Should I listen to my dogs?

People have told me that dogs shouldn't have tomatoes.My dogs are insisting that leftover lasagna wouldn't hurt them a bit.Should I listen to my dogs?...
    General Dog Discussions : What is your opinion on whether dogs can have leftover lasagna?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is your opinion on whether dogs can have leftover lasagna?

What is your opinion on whether dogs can have leftover lasagna? General Dog Discussions
      People have told me that dogs shouldn't have tomatoes.My dogs are insisting that leftover lasagna wouldn't hurt them a bit.Should I listen to my dogs?

What is your opinion on whether dogs can have leftover lasagna? General Dog Discussions
    • The following is a list of KNOWN canine toxins. It is not an inclusive list so do not assume that if a food is not on this list that it is safe to feed to your dog. Use your common sense also.onionsgarlicchocolategrapesraisinsfruit pits and seedsmacadamia nutschicken bonescooked pork bonespotato peelingsgreen potatoesrhubarb leavesbroccoligreen parts of tomatoesyeast doughcoffeecoffee grounds teahuman vitaminshuman vitamins that contain ironmoldy foodpersimmonsraw eggsraw fishsaltbaking sodabaking powdermushroomssugar-free foodsnutmegavocadodairy products

• I have insisted that there is nothing wrong with eating as many donuts as possible in one sitting, but as it turns out, it isn't a good idea. You should know that if your dogs get gas from eating lasagna, it can actually kill them. It isn't the tomatoes - it's the cheese and the wheat. Don't listen to dogs - they lie. They'll eat anything, even if it isn't good for them, and that is why they have humans to protect them from themselves - and lasagna.

• I don't give any of our dogs table food. Their tummys just are not able to handle it. I have, however, given them little tomatoes out of the garden when they are out there with me and none of the 12 have ever had issues but those are not processed, cooked or anything added to them that would make them sick.

• My Coonhoud has eaten spaghetti (Which also has tomatoes) many times, he`s 12 years old and the only thing different with him is the usual aging arthritis. But he has eaten left overs from dinner, even left over cookies pretty much all of his life.Your Dog might not be like my Dog, though. If you think it will hurt it, then don`t give them it. Some Dogs (Like my German Spitz and Coonhound) will eat almost any thing you give them, even if it is harmful.

• Do not feed your dog table food. Here are several things that could happen:1. Your dogs could get sick from certain ingredients in the lasagna2. The amount of fat in human food is not healthy for dogs3. Feed dogs table food will most likely lead to begging4. Sudden changes to dog diet may cause diarrhea or vomiting