Do you let your pets sleep on the bed with you?

Why or why not? How many sleep with you? Are they dogs or cats? Do you feel cozy and safe? Or does it get crowded? Would you recommend it or would you be against it? WHy?

Do you let your pets sleep on the bed with you?

Why or why not? How many sleep with you? Are they dogs or cats? Do you feel cozy and safe? Or does it get crowded? Would you recommend it or would you be against it? WHy?...
    General Dog Discussions : Do you let your pets sleep on the bed with you?...

• It depends on the dog(s) and your relationship with them. I used to let my dogs sleep with me but I can't anymore. This is becasue I adopted a very dominant female GSD and when I let her on the bed she thought she was the pack leader instead of me. This caused all the other dogs to try to jostle for position in the pack hierarchy. Which ended up leading to a fight bewteen my 2 males. When I brought in a trainer she said I had to stop letting them sleep on the bed with me (amongst other things). I now have the situaiton under control again but I sure do miss letting them on the bed with me! However things are much better now and the dogs are happier now that I have taken contorl again and they are confident I am the leader again and no one is allowed to try to push another around. I hope sometime down the road I can let them back on the bed with me.

• I don't believe in letting your pets sleep with you.My dogs are like my children, but I didn't let my children sleep in my bed either. My cats are loved, but I wouldn't sleep with them.My dogs are pyrs and Aussies and they shed. It would make the bed a dirty mess and it's not good to shampoo the dog every day to clean it up to allow it in the bed.Also, it's impossible to train the dog that they can sleep on the bed in winter and not in spring, summer and fall when they could have fleas on them. I had a bad flea infestation once, and I won't risk having my dogs drop fleas off in my bed. This is the main reason I would recommend against it... the dirt that the dogs fur has attached to it from their playing outside, and the fleas and ticks they might have on them. My cats are outside cats, but I wouldn't recommend letting cats sleep on your bed either as even inside cats can get fleas or ticks.