Do you let your pets sleep on the bed with you?

Why or why not? How many sleep with you? Are they dogs or cats? Do you feel cozy and safe? Or does it get crowded? Would you recommend it or would you be against it? WHy?

Why or why not? How many sleep with you? Are they dogs or cats? Do you feel cozy and safe? Or does it get crowded? Would you recommend it or would you be against it? WHy?...
    General Dog Discussions : Do you let your pets sleep on the bed with you?...

• Do you let your pets sleep on the bed with you?

Do you let your pets sleep on the bed with you? General Dog Discussions
      Why or why not? How many sleep with you? Are they dogs or cats? Do you feel cozy and safe? Or does it get crowded? Would you recommend it or would you be against it? WHy?

Do you let your pets sleep on the bed with you? General Dog Discussions
    • I sleep with my dogs. Both my 115 pound mutt and my 20 lb one. It's just cozy, and they love it, so why not. I would be alone otherwise. Plus, they are so warm.

• Yes I do. I have 3 ankle biters. It makes them feel secure and they are flea and tick free so I find it to be ok. We have a queen sized bed so over crowding isnt a problem.

• yes i let them slep on my bed. it is cozy i have 15 dogs i did rescue and i ended up adopting them all LOl but just which ever ones want to sleep one the bed that night! LOL i LOve dogs!!! and they make me feel safe if i hear a noise during the night i don't worry about it because all my dogs are right next to me!!

• My Dog Angel (Shep/Rotti) used to sleep in the bed right beside me, but my hubby was getting pretty tired of it as she had been doing it since she was 3 days old (bottlefed). Now she sleeps on my side. The rest of them are all over the house, but 3 are in the bedroom by choice.The cats are all downstairs at night.

• The family my dog grew up with a family that did not allow dogs in their bed. Therefore, she has been trained to sleep in her own bed. I would love for her to sleep with me, if she were up to it.

• Our dogs have their own beds in our room. There is just not enough room in our queen bed for two big goldens and us. Plus it would be way too warm!One of my dogs often wanders into the family room to sleep anyway, where it is quieter and cooler.

• No b/c my dog is a lab and he would probably push me off when he gets bigger! also, he is a dog and does not need to be on the furniture. he gets his own bed, and so he doesnt need ours.

• Yep.. She's been sleeping with me since she was a baby.. And sometimes she stays at my dad's house for the night and I've noticed that I can't sleep if she's not there on the bed with me.. I can't say whether I recommend it or not.. It all depends on the person.. If you don't mind dog hair on your bed, or your dog taking up some space, etc, then sure, go ahead.. But not everyone agrees..

• Yes of corse! My little caviler is always by my side, she follows me around the house, and wines something terrible if I shut the door behind me (with her on the other side) so I think that it is cute that she wants to be around me so much, and I would never dream of making my baby sleep in a crate!

• YESI LET THEM SLEEP WITH ME BEACUSE I LOVE THEM, THEIR CUTE N KEEP ME SAFE AT NIGHT.2 DOGS, FENDI (TEA CUP YORKIE) N SPIKE (ROTTY)I DO FEEL COZY N SAFE ,SO DO THEY.ITS NEVER CROWDED. FENDI(TEA CUP YORKIE) WEIGHS 4 POUNDS N SPIKE(ROTTY) WEIGHS 110.SPIKE SLEEPS BESIDE ME N FENDI SLEEPS UNDER THE COVER BY MY STOMACH TO KEEP WARM. I HAVE A FULL SIZE BED.I RECOMMEND IT IF YOU LOVE YOUR ANIMALS, HAVE IN HOUSE ANIMALS, NOT ANIMALS YOU KEEP OUTSIDE. N FOR COMPANIONSHIP. IT BRINGS U CLOSER TO UR ANIMALS. THEY BECOME MORE LOYAL

• We have 4 standard poodles and all 4 are "allowed" to get on the bed with us. Only 2 "choose" to, unless it's really cold. If you have a dog with some severe dominance issues, then letting them on the bed is a very bad idea. But, as long as the dogs don't have that issue, I see no problem with it.

• I've got 5 cats and 2 dogs, a 120 pound rottie and a 65 pound pit mix. 3 of the cats and BOTH dogs insist upon sleeping with me at night, and I wouldn't have it any other way! I feel completely safe with them, although if I ever decide that I want a significant other again (I'm divorced), which I'm sure, eventually I will, we may have a problem...lol! My best friend is a master trainer and frowns upon it, he never allows it. He says they don't belong there. I didn't allow it during the dogs' initial training period, in order to establish my role as alpha, my friend insisted upon this! So I stood firm, but once I obtained my role and knew they respected me, I allowed it. It hasn't changed them at all, aside from them bothering me to come to bed if I stay up too late.

• We just adopted a shih tzu and for now she sleeps in her room (crate) until we are sure of her potty habits. So far she's been good and had no accidents so she'll probably end up sleeping in the bed... she already loves the couch!

• I let my dogs sleep on the bed with me. It is a personal choice, and completely up to each individual. Some people may not enjoy having dogs snoring in their ear or draped over their legs as they sleep. I look at it this way, my dogs are my family. They follow me everywhere, they even lay by the tub when I shower. (Or outside the bathroom door when they are not allowed in with me.) Right now while I am typing this one of my dogs is laying against my feet. They love being with me, and since I am a sound sleeper why deny them access to the big comfy bed?But putting a dog bed next to your bed works too. Your dog can still be close to you and not disturb your sleep, so you are both happy.I do crate them when they are puppies though. I have found it makes it easier to housetrain a young puppy. My two collies, 3 years old and 18 months old, were both crate trained. It took only about a month and a half to fully house train them, but as puppies chew, and sometimes on dangerous things, I crated them at night until I was sure they were not going to be chewing on things while I slept.You also asked how many dogs I have, I have three dogs and two cats. My two collies sleep with me, my golden retriever sleeps next to the bed. The golden prefers to sleep there as she is older and hopping off and on the bed is difficult for her.Whatever your decision, good luck!

• I have a 40-lb Australian Shepherd/Lab mix, and he sleeps in the bed with my husband and me until we're really ready to fall asleep. He sleeps while we read before going to bed, but once it's really bedtime, my dog goes in his crate. It works so well, because we get cuddle and bonding time, but he's too big (and sprawls out on the bed way too much!) to sleep all night. Sometimes if my husband is gone and I'm alone in the house at night, I have my dog sleep with me in the bed, but I can say it's uncomfortable! If you have a small enough dog, it would probably work, but otherwise, it's much more comfortable to have the bed to yourself!

• Two Chihuahuas sleep with us and they are like alarm clocks in the morning. The American Eskimo Spitz doesn't like it in the house and prefers to sleep out on the porch.

• We use the bed as a "privilege".The dogs (Blue Merle Aussie ~ 60 lbs. German Shephered Pup ~ 70 & still growing) Each have their crates (which are open at night) in the room, as well as a dog bed.They are trained from the very beginning that they sleep on the floor.We do this so the bed isnt overcrowded or hot, and because we want them to know that it is "our" spot, they have their crates and bed.Also, for cleanliness sake & most dogs dont sleep all through the night. Im a VERY light sleeper, so if the dogs are on the bed, and get down to do something, and jump back on the bed to sleep a little longer- I wake up every time.However, on occasion, they are allowed to 'sleep' in bed with us, or come up and lay with us for a while.This is like a "treat" for them, seriously.. they get so excited we're letting them up. (they normally get to do it about once a week right before we wash our blankets) also, when my husband goes away for Army, they sleep in the bed with me =)Its really how you run your household and treat your animals. We love our dogs to death, and we feel very safe with them in the room- we just personally dont feel like they belong in bed with us all the time