How do you introduce a new puppy to a dog?

I have a 3 year old toy Malti-poo (male), and tomorrow we are getting an 8 week old Miniature Malti-poo (male). How do I introduce the new puppy to the dog we already have? Thanks.Also, the dog we're getting is VERY submissive, that's what the lady…

I have a 3 year old toy Malti-poo (male), and tomorrow we are getting an 8 week old Miniature Malti-poo (male). How do I introduce the new puppy to the dog we already have? Thanks.Also, the dog we're getting is VERY submissive, that's what the lady…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you introduce a new puppy to a dog?...

• How do you introduce a new puppy to a dog?

How do you introduce a new puppy to a dog? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 3 year old toy Malti-poo (male), and tomorrow we are getting an 8 week old Miniature Malti-poo (male). How do I introduce the new puppy to the dog we already have? Thanks.Also, the dog we're getting is VERY submissive, that's what the lady told us that works at the kennel.

How do you introduce a new puppy to a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Easy - just be around them all the time, but try to be kinda "hidden" so they don't really see you, because the older dogs do tend to be jealous.That's what you do the first second - just "throw" your new puppy in and kinda move back. You can easily tell if your dog wants to attack: he'll stop wigging with his tail, his body will kinda look stiff and he'll maybe even show his teeth.If a problem occurs, separate. Repeat during the day.Good luck!

• oh not a great start anyway take it slowly, time and patience expect their to be a bit of fighting as they are males for the time being keep a eye on them if they get a bit rough tell them both firmly no, also don't leave them alone at the moment in the house as one of them could get hurt anything from a little nip too serious damage we where lucky when we introduced our female puppy to our male as he was still classed as a puppy himself. so they got on like a house on fire from day one no problems ever even now 10 years on still the best-est buddies. they will sort themselves out but set boundaries for the puppy regarding behavior as you will have done with the other one. when the older one has playtime involve the puppy feed them together but at opposite ends so the older one isn't nicking the puppies food. alternatively you could land lucky and they get on like a house on fire from day and end up best est buddies for life