What hypiallergenic dogs are good for first time owners?

I have allergies but I love animals, especially dogs. So I just wanted to know which hypoallergenic <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=812188318610cde60f70d397cbacf079e6c351fe">dog breed</a> is good for newbies.

I have allergies but I love animals, especially dogs. So I just wanted to know which hypoallergenic <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=812188318610cde60f70d397cbacf079e6c351fe">dog breed</a> is good for newbies....
    General Dog Discussions : What hypiallergenic dogs are good for first time owners?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What hypiallergenic dogs are good for first time owners?

What hypiallergenic dogs are good for first time owners? General Dog Discussions
      I have allergies but I love animals, especially dogs. So I just wanted to know which hypoallergenic dog breed is good for newbies.

What hypiallergenic dogs are good for first time owners? General Dog Discussions
    • There is really no such thing as a truly hypo-allergenic dog. It's not the hair that causes the allergies but the dander. But if you're looking for a low-shed breed poodles, bichons or most anything mixed with them.

• There is no such thing as a "hypoallergenic" dog. ALL dogs shed. But the ones that people say do not shed DO shed, they just shed into their coats instead of the ground. That's why they need to be trimmed regularly. Please go online to the AKC website and look at some dog profiles of low-shedding breeds. That should help you decide which breed suits you and your lifestyle best. But whatever you do, do not fall for the Designer Dog scams.. you know, the designer dogs, "labradoodles,""morkies,""cockapoos,""goldendoodles," etc. They're all a big lie. Most of them are sold as non-shedding dogs because they are part poodle. But when you mix the poodle with another breed which sheds even more, you WILL get a dog that sheds noticeably, contrary to popular belief. Besides that, only backyard breeders and puppy mills sell these kinds of dogs. NO good breeder sells mixed-breed dogs. And the people that sell these dogs charge outrageously high prices for their poorly-bred dogs, when you can find the same kinds of mutts in shelters for a small adoption fee.

• There is no such thing.Byb and scam artists tout some mixes as Hypoallergenic, but it's just not true.Allergies come from dander from the dog's skin and protein from his saliva -- and all dogs have skin and saliva.It is, however, sometimes a matter of an individual dog that doesn't trigger your allergies. Best thing is to spend a couple of hours with a dog you like and see what happens. We have a child in the family who is allergic to some dachshunds and not others - difference appears to be the oil in the dog's skin, the oily skin dogs triggered her allergies, she now has one who didnt. Same breed, just different individual dog.Please don't fall for the "hypoallergenic" scam, get a dog, then have to get rid of it. Spend time with the dog to see if you can tolerate it before you adopt or buy.Note: It has nothing to do withe shedding, fur or "hair" (same thing), it is dander and protein.

• There is actually no such thing as a "hypoallergenic" dog. There are some breeds that shed less but they are in no way "hypoallergenic". You could still have an allergic reaction to its saliva. Some non shedding breeds includePoodlesShih-tzus Yorkshire TerriersMost Terriers

• My mother is severely allergic and we had great experience with terriers. I know people are saying they aren't 100% hypoallergenic, and while that's true it does make a HUGE difference for most people. I love my Westie, she was an intelligent, independent, loving, and very cute dog.

• Well, there's no such aching as a truly "hypoallergenic" dog, but the most popular breeds considered to cause the least bit of allergy start-ups are poodles, labrador x poodle mixes (labradoodles, as they're also known), bichon frises, etc.

• First, there is no such thing as a 'hypoallergenic dog'. EVERY dog had hair and every dog has dander. Dogs who don't shed much are those that need a lot of professional grooming like Poodles, Portuguese Water Dogs; Bichon Frises, etc. However, unless you keep them bathed and groomed regularly they are no better than any other dog. You also need to DAILY vacuum and dust your home. Depending on how allergic you are, even this may not be enough. You should have a vacuum with a Hepa filter to keep any of the dander and hair from returning to the air in the house. However, be aware that no matter what dog you get, there is a very good chance that within a year we will see that dog advertised for sale on craigslist.com 'due to allergies'. Don't get a dog. If you want a pet get something like fish that won't aggravate your allergies.

• You have allergies, but do you have allergies to dog dander? If so try to first go on shots. Then become a foster for a rescue. This will give you a chance to help a dog in need, and find out if you are going to react severely, a little or not at all. If you foster first, then you aren't bringing in a dog, having a reaction to it (heaven forbid it be anaphylaxis) and then have to turn the dog over to animal services. You can just call the rescue to pick up the dog. Just let them know ahead of time, so they have a spot to move him/her too. No reaction you can always be what we call failed foster (fall in love and keep the dog, hehe)ADD: Fostering also allows you as first timers to be sure you are ready for the work involved. The rescue will pay all expenses but the food, and some pay that as they want a specific food fed to their dogs.

• PLEASE READ: I have a Very very very nice little dog lyla who is a maltipoo. She was our families first dog. My dad has some problems with animal hair so we couldn't get much else. We actually got her online at www.Connecticutmaltipoobreeders.com obviously you should add you state instead of ct because there's one for every state. She is an even 9 pounds and is 2 years old. They are playful and great with big families. I really recomend this breed of dog because they are very nice and great dogs, not to mention extremely easy to train

• No dog is truly "hypo-allergenic". Not even those Designer Mutts ("Labradoodles", "Cockapoos", "Morkies", "Yorkiepoos", etc). The fur has nothing to do with your allergies to dogs. It has to do with the dander the dogs give off. Some dogs are just better for people with dander related allergies. New dog owner or not. You need to do some research on dog breeds you would like. But remember. Do not fall for the BYB scams of "Designer Dogs". Because in reality they are poorly bred Mutts.

• PLEASE READi am alergic to nearly all aniimals expecially cats and dogs im a first time owner to a dog called a shorkie (shih tzu cross yorkie) both breeds are hypoalliginic and dont shead i have had no trouble with her yet i have had her for a month there great dogs xx