Is it okay for my puppy to chew on elk antlers?

At Petsmart they have some "puppy" sized ones, but I'm just afraid he might break a tooth or something.

At Petsmart they have some "puppy" sized ones, but I'm just afraid he might break a tooth or something....
    General Dog Discussions : Is it okay for my puppy to chew on elk antlers?...

• Is it okay for my puppy to chew on elk antlers?

Is it okay for my puppy to chew on elk antlers? General Dog Discussions
      At Petsmart they have some "puppy" sized ones, but I'm just afraid he might break a tooth or something.

Is it okay for my puppy to chew on elk antlers? General Dog Discussions
    • I actually work at a PetSmart store, so I can lend you a bit of insight. If you choose an antler that is appropriate for your pup, he should be just fine. There are puppy sized antlers all the way to bigger, adult dog sized antlers. You should always choose a chew toy/bone/antler that is slightly larger than your puppy/dog's mouth to avoid risking him swallowing it whole. I HAVE seen antlers returned splintered and broken, however. Your puppy doesn't risk breaking a tooth, but if he is a heavy chewer he may actually break the antler. This is possible with any type of chewing product for dogs, so no matter what you choose never leave the pup unattended with an antler or bone.