What is the best and worst dog breeds?

I am looking for a dog that is mellow and of medium size.

I am looking for a dog that is mellow and of medium size....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best and worst dog breeds?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best and worst dog breeds?

What is the best and worst dog breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am looking for a dog that is mellow and of medium size.

What is the best and worst dog breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Try using puppyfind.com and search medium size on the left hand side. You can then look at every breed of medium sized dog, their temperment, and general activity level for breed standard and make your decision on which dog to get from there.

• There are hundreds of breeds available in the world today. All of which were bred for a different purpose and each individual animal will have a different personality. If I were you, I would start with some medium breeds that you know of and are interested in. Use google or other search engines to do a little bit of research. Look at the level of hyperactivity the breed usually exhibits, how hard they are to train, and anything else you may consider a factor when getting your new dog. (http://www.breederretriever.com/dog-breed-information.php) This site may help. You can also take a quiz at Iams website to help you get started.(http://www.iams.com/iams/breed-information.jsp?gclid=CPuM_JaIuaACFQ5qswodMVUsTQ)That site helped me out a lot!

• the best breeds are those that meet your needs and you are able to meet the dogs needs, the worst are the ones you cant manage or provide for.this means look at breeds that are low energy requirements and medium sizedAn adult whippet will be happy with a few 15 min walks per day, are easy to care for and medium sized. A cocker spaniel will be happy with that too but requires grooming, a working cocker is a different story all together, they require plenty exercise and are very high strung if you dont provide enough training and excercise.Go onto the AKC site and look at the breed descriptions of dogs you like and take it from there. When you find one that suits, research it further to be sure and visit breeders to get a 'feel' for the breed. Then you can get your puppy that is suited to your needs.

• There is no such thing as the worst dog breeds to own, it depends on your experience and what kind of dog suits you the best. I personally think that the best breed are Rottweilers, but I'm a bit biased because I have been raised by them. I wouldn't recommend Rotties if this is you first dog though. If you're looking for a mellow dog then maybe Labs or something around there. Good luck.

• best dogs are these cavalier king charles spaniellhasa apsominature poodleirish terriergreyhoundlakeland terrierkerry blue terrierairedlae terrierstaffordshire bull terrierminature pinschergerman /standard pinscheraffenpinschersloughiwhippetpharaoh hound basenjiibizan houndcanaan dog lurcherirish wolfhoundscottish deerhoundsaluki borzoiafghan hound beaglecarahoula leopardamerican fox hound english fox hound otter houndbloodhoundrodesian ridgeback duck-tolling retirevercurly-coated retrieverlabrador retriever - chesapeake bay retireverflat-coated retrievergolden retrieverstandard poodleirish water spanielclumber spaniel welsh springer spanielenglish springer spanielfield spanielcocker spanielenglish pointerirish settergordon setter english setterbrittany spaniel- but little hard to train. wiemaraner- easy to train and makes a loyal and affectionate companiongerman wire -haired pointergerman short hiared pointerakita japanese spitzchow chow german spitzsamoyed norweigian lundehundswedish lapphundfinnish spitznorwegian elkhoundamerican eskimo eskimo dogsiberian huskyalaskan malamute newfoundlandsaiunt bernardbernese mountain dog great pyreneesgreat swiss mountain dogkuvaszanatolian shepherdkomondor - is the best dont even sheds or dont need to be bush. but need to be little groom. chinese shar peitosa inuboxerDobermann pinschergreat dane fila brasileironeapolitan mastiffbullmastiffmastiffbeauceron pulibergamascobriard old english sheep dogborder collie bearded collieshetland sheepdogrough collieaustralian shepherd tervure shepherdmalinois shepherd german shepherdaustralian cattle dogbouvier des flandreskeeshondworst dogs are -used for fighting and more aggressives, hard to trainameircan pit bull terriergroenendael shepherdlaekenois shepherddogue de bordeauxrottweilerenglish bulldogtibetan mastiffameican cocker spanielstandard schnauzer minature schnauzeramerican pit bull terrierenglish bull terrierbedlington terrierglen of imaal terrier