How do I convince my parents?

My dog recently died, and I wanted to get another one. My parents said we can have one in, like, another year, but I wanted to get one now because dogs are my favorite animal. We have a cat, but she gets along with dogs. I want a small dog, so if you…

My dog recently died, and I wanted to get another one. My parents said we can have one in, like, another year, but I wanted to get one now because dogs are my favorite animal. We have a cat, but she gets along with dogs. I want a small dog, so if you…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I convince my parents?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I convince my parents?

How do I convince my parents? Dog Breed Discussions
      My dog recently died, and I wanted to get another one. My parents said we can have one in, like, another year, but I wanted to get one now because dogs are my favorite animal. We have a cat, but she gets along with dogs. I want a small dog, so if you could give me some ideas for dogs? Thanks! And could you tell me how to convince my parents to let me get one?

How do I convince my parents? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Convince them by saying this dog can be another addition to the family. Make a list of top 10 reasons why you should get one. (i did that for my cell phone and it worked),look up small dogs and get info on them, and what do you mean by small? like chuwawa size or chocker spaniel size? i recoment hyper dogs because they are always willing to play! but thats my opinion and besides its you dog lol.

• Offer to pay for the dogs expenses, food, toys, etc. and the full caring of it since it is you who wants the dog i doubt your parents want the hassel of doing that stuff all over again

• Well I don't know your parents so I'm not sure exactly how you should approach this. How about you come to a compromise with them. Explain that you really miss your dog but you understand that they may want to wait. Suggest to them 6 months that would be a good "meet in the middle." That will give you guys some time to mourn your dog and do some research on the next pup you would like to get.Hope that helps and I'm sorry about your dog.

• Here is some small dogs that you can get:Yorkshire TerrierRat TerrierChihuahuaBeagleAffenpinscherAmerican Hairless TerrierAmerican Eskimo Dog (Miniature)American Eskimo Dog (Toy)PomeranianBichon FriseBoston TerrierMalteseBologneseChinese Crested DogPugBulldogMiniture PoodleAustralian TerrierBedlington TerrierBiewer Border TerrierBrazilian Terrier And to convince them, tell them all the great things about the dog.That worked great for my parents!!