What dog should I get in my situation?

Just moved out of home, into a small town apartment. They only let in small dogs.

Just moved out of home, into a small town apartment. They only let in small dogs....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What dog should I get in my situation?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What dog should I get in my situation?

What dog should I get in my situation? Dog Breed Discussions
      Just moved out of home, into a small town apartment. They only let in small dogs.

What dog should I get in my situation? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You would want a dog from the "toy" group. The AKC toy group includes: Affenpinscher Brussels Griffon Cavalier KingCharles Spaniel Chihuahua Chinese CrestedEnglish Toy Spaniel Havanese Italian Greyhound Japanese Chin MalteseManchester Terrier Miniature Pinscher Papillon Pekingese PomeranianPoodle Pug Shih Tzu Silky Terrier Toy Fox TerrierYorkshire Terrier

• Check out a shelter for a loving dog that need you. Shelters and local pounds always have a wide variety of small breeds pure and mixed. The bond you have with a dog you rescue is amazing. You have a chance to do a small gesture that is greatly admirable and will save a live.

• Pomeranian, 13inch Beagle, Toy Poodle, Havanese, Cairn Terrier, Dachshund, Pug.my best friend has a toy poodle named JoJo and he's a big sweetheart.and my aunt has had two cairn terriers that she absolutely loved.you could always go to your local animal shelter and see what small dogs they have available for adoption.try petfinder.comand dont forget to do research on whatever dog breed you choose to get.

• I live in a small one bedroom apartment and received a shih tzu last year from a couple that was splitting up. The breed is great, I have two and they are wonderful with all people including children. They are calm and although they like to play and romp they don't need a lot of space as long as you can get them out on walks regularly so they don't get overweight you should be fine. Lhasa apso is another great small breed that is docile. Do your research before getting a small breed dog, just because they are little doesn't mean they don't need space, small dogs typically have more energy than large and need room to roam.

• People always say that chihuahuas are loud and annoying dogs, but Ive had 2, one male and one female, and I thought they were very sweet. My male was very energetic and loud, while my female was timid and a snuggler. I think they are perfect dogs with the right training, and Ive been hoping to get another soon... :)

• Getting a dog is a huge responsibility. Make sure you are prepared for it. Ask yourself if you are ready for the financial stipulations as well as the emotional. Puppies are expensive, shots, spay/neuter, vet check-ups, etc. Training is also important, without it you and your dog will be unhappy. If you still want a dog, check out your local shelter. They have many great small dogs that need loving homes.

• Here's a link of all small breed dogs. This website has information about the dogs and pictures. It also list Most popular, Easiest to train (fastest learners), Low shedding, Excellent watchdogs. I suggest that you see what dog breed is best, because what you want in a dog is different than what someone else wants. Please check it out.http://www.allsmalldogbreeds.com/small-dogs.html

• I would wait 3-6 month to adjust to your new living situation. If you have the time, money, etc. for a dog i would suggest something from the toy group (Yorkie, Pomeranian, etc.).Another awesome option is to go to the animal shelter, they always have tons of animals that need homes, and many of the slightly older ones are already trained (so you don't have to worry about them messing up your home).Warning: Do NOT get a chihuahua, since you are living in close quarters with your neighbors, the constant yapping will annoy the crap out of themhope this helps :)

• i have a small dog about 16 pounds he is an australian terrier he is the sweetest thing i read up on them and they are mild mannerd lap dogs dont need much exersise and they dont make much noise....i think there a great choice