What is the best dog to get that is small and will never grow?

Hi im looking for a type/breed of dogs that can be described as:- Small, no more than 20 lbs- Wont grow into a big dog- mostly always friendly and playfulthanks!!

Hi im looking for a type/breed of dogs that can be described as:- Small, no more than 20 lbs- Wont grow into a big dog- mostly always friendly and playfulthanks!!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best dog to get that is small and will never grow?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best dog to get that is small and will never grow?

What is the best dog to get that is small and will never grow? Dog Breed Discussions
      Hi im looking for a type/breed of dogs that can be described as:- Small, no more than 20 lbs- Wont grow into a big dog- mostly always friendly and playfulthanks!!

What is the best dog to get that is small and will never grow? Dog Breed Discussions
    • There are actually lots of dogs that suit these requirements.Most dogs in the toy group has all these characteristics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_dogLook in the list of dogs and find one that you like. I prefer the Papillon the most. I have one =)

• Japanese spitz - they're on average 5-6kg which is 13.2 lbs.They're always energetic and enthusiastic. Great agility and even flyball dogs. They're small to medium sized. Meaning, about 33cm's at the withers.

• i work in a "big box" pet store grooming saloon...my fave "little" is a king caviler spaniel. small, kinda high maintence hair, but loving and sweet!!! have not met one i didnt like yet! dont like smallish dogs but cavs rule!!!! they live to love you! long hair, brush and comb always, but worth it!

• Hi private was passing through and saw your question. when you find the dog your interested in you can go and check out what other people have said about his breed and do the pro's and cons to see if this is the breed for you. They also have useful info. I've gone myself to check on breeds and was pleased so im passing it on. heres the linkhttp://www.rightpet.com/DogBreedDetail/poodle-miniature

• it depnd how much you feed the dog cause not all dogs wil be 20 lbsbut here are some small dogs that always stay small sizes. you can check them out yorkshire terrierboston terrierpug french bulldogpekingesejapanese chin cavalier king charles spanielchihuahuatibetan terrier tibetan spanielshih tzulhasa apsotoy poodlechinese crested dog brussels griffon/griffon bruxelloismaltesecoton de tulearbichon frisepomeraniansilky terrier rat terrierscottish terrierwest highland white terriernorwich terrierdandie dinmont terriercairn terriernorfolk terrier australian terrierjack russel terriermanchester terrier border terriersoft-coated wheaten terrierpatterdale terrier english bull terrierstandard schnauzer miniature schnauzerminiature pinscheraffenpinscherdachshundbeaglebasset houndportuguese water dogfield spanielenglish bulldogshetland sheepdog.

• Papillon. Small, loveable, extremely smart, learns quickly and very obedient. There are two kinds. One with big ears, which they call butterfly ears and the others have normal ears. They get to usually be 7 pounds