What is the most affectionate breed of dog?

I heard the hound group is the most loyal and affectionate (beagles, bassets, dachshund, bloodhound).

I heard the hound group is the most loyal and affectionate (beagles, bassets, dachshund, bloodhound)....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the most affectionate breed of dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the most affectionate breed of dog?

What is the most affectionate breed of dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      I heard the hound group is the most loyal and affectionate (beagles, bassets, dachshund, bloodhound).

What is the most affectionate breed of dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • AffenpinscherAmerican Eskimo DogAmerican Pit Bull TerrierAppenzeller SennenhundeAustralian Cattle DogAustralian ShepherdBasset HoundBeagleBearded CollieBedlington TerrierBernese Mountain DogBichon FriseBologneseBoxerBoykin SpanielBrussels GriffonBulldogBullmastiffCatahoula Leopard DogCavalier King Charles SpanielCesky TerrierChihuahuaCockapoo CollieCoton de TulearCurly-Coated RetrieverDandie Dinmont TerrierDoberman PinscherEnglish Cocker SpanielEnglish SetterEnglish Springer SpanielEnglish Toy SpanielField SpanielFinnish SpitzFlat-Coated RetrieverFrench BulldogGerman Shepherd DogGerman Shorthaired PointerGerman Wirehaired PointerGoldadorGolden RetrieverGoldendoodleGordon SetterGreat DaneGreat PyreneesGreyhoundHavaneseIbizan HoundIrish SetterIrish TerrierIrish Water SpanielIrish WolfhoundItalian GreyhoundKeeshondKomondorKuvaszLabradoodleLabrador RetrieverLeonbergerLowchenMalteseMaltipooNorwegian ElkhoundNova Scotia Duck Tolling RetrieverOld English SheepdogOtterhoundPapillonPembroke Welsh CorgiPetit Basset Griffon VendeenPharaoh HoundPocket BeaglePointerPolish Lowland SheepdogPomeranianPoodlePortuguese Water DogPugPuliPyrenean ShepherdRhodesian RidgebackSalukiSamoyedScottish DeerhoundShih TzuSiberian HuskySmall Munsterlander PointerSoft Coated Wheaten TerrierStaffordshire-Bull-TerrierSussex SpanielTibetan MastiffTibetan SpanielTibetan TerrierVizslaWeimaranerWelsh Springer SpanielWhippetYorkipoo

• Hi there.Loads of dogs are affectionate, not just hounds or labs and goldens. As long as you treat a dog and raise it correctly it will love you and you will love it and that's really all you can ask for.If you're looking for a dog to spend lots of time with, cuddling and all that, then get a less energetic breed who will want to play non-stop.

• i think it is a Doberman Most people have images of the Doberman as being an aggressive dog but if well trained, they are intensely loyal and affectionate towards their family although they have the potential to be aggressive towards strangers. Dobermans love to cuddle and tend to experience signs of separation anxiety when they're away from you. If properly trained, the Doberman will be your loyal protector for life.

• I Love Mutts!! Go to the local shelter and get yourself a best friend for life! They usually have several pippies, and always have older dogs, if thats what you want. Save a life go to the pound and adopt.

• We have a black lab that is very loyal, very protective (she would protect us if she thought we were in serious danger but its got to be extremely serious otherwise she thinks we are playing), and very loving. I'm more worried about her licking my kids (including my baby) to death than of her hurting them (even accidentaly). She also is very smart and playful. She let's my kids crawl all over her, they lay on her and cuddle (sometimes rather tightly) her. She has never hurt any of us. Even as a puppy she would gnaw on our hands but never ever hard.But no matter what breed you choose, if you don't introduce them to a lot of people, they could become fearful of strangers.

• Well, yours is a 'loaded' question ! LOL ! There are rumors and opinions about every breed of dog. I would say the hound group is more an independent hunter and while good family dogs, I would say the Sporting, Working, Non-Sporting/Companion and Toy groups are more affectionate. Since everyone is going to say 'their favorite' breed, I will also add mine because I would hate to live without one !!!! The Dalmatian !If you are looking for a puppy, look up the breed club by " Breed Xxxxx Club of America or go to the AKC.org and find a good dog by going to a breeder that does health clearances and guarantees their puppies.

• In all my years the most faithful dogs I ever owned were mutts. I once adopted one from a pound and truthfully she was the best dog I ever had. She would not get 6 feet away from me without turning her head back, looking at me and walking back to me. My current dogs are poodle/chihuahua/dachshund mixed and the puppies they have are even sweethearts. they totally cuddle into you and try to get close as they can. I had a couple pomeranians before. one was pure blood and psycho and the other was a pom but mixed and very faithful. Except when it came to her choosing my boyfriends cheetos over my doritos! lol Seriously I would never get a pureblood again but if I did it would be a Labrador. Those are smart and friendly dogs.

• It really depends on the individual personality of the dog, pomeranians are so playful and give lots of affection, they require alot of attention, but its worth it! (they can get really jealous tho!)

• Hi,Some breeds are independent and aloof, even if they've been raised by the same person since puppyhood. Others bond closely to one person and are indifferent to everyone else and some shower the whole family with affection. Here are the breeds with high level of affection:http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/characteristic/affectionate-with-family