What breeds of dogs are hypoallergenic?

I'm allergic to dogs, but I absolutely positively LOVE dogs. I want a small dog that stays small. That doesn't grow up to medium size, like I want one that's pretty small and in between small and medium, but the smaller, the better. Anyways, does anyone…

I'm allergic to dogs, but I absolutely positively LOVE dogs. I want a small dog that stays small. That doesn't grow up to medium size, like I want one that's pretty small and in between small and medium, but the smaller, the better. Anyways, does anyone…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What breeds of dogs are hypoallergenic?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What breeds of dogs are hypoallergenic?

What breeds of dogs are hypoallergenic? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm allergic to dogs, but I absolutely positively LOVE dogs. I want a small dog that stays small. That doesn't grow up to medium size, like I want one that's pretty small and in between small and medium, but the smaller, the better. Anyways, does anyone know any breeds that are hypoallergenic and small?

What breeds of dogs are hypoallergenic? Dog Breed Discussions
    • None. All dogs have dander and saliva( both are allergens). All the double coated breeds shed, Single coated dogs like the poodle still loose coat just like we loose hair. Even the hairless Chinese crested have some coat on the feet, tail and head. They also have dander and saliva.

• Bichon Frise, Miniature Poodle or "toy" Poodles. I read on a dog forum that dogs with curly coats, such as Portuguese Water Spaniels, don't shed as much as dogs such as Jack Russells, with smooth coats. You won't have as many allergy problems with Poodles or Bichons. I love Poodles, as they're working breeds. Note that, and do your research before getting one. if you don't want a "hard-core" working dog, then a Bichon would be a better choice for you.There is no dog that won't shed, so you'll have an allergic reaction twice a year.

• Well, my mom is allergic to dogd, and honestly, there arent that many dogs you can rely on when you want a dog that doesnt make you sneeze or whatever. So me my older sister and brother all convinced my mom to get this adorable toy poodle, white fur and georgous. And she hasnt sneezed or rubbed her eyes ever with that dog. And my cousin has a maltese, and my mom sneezes and coughs when she steps into that house. So toy poodle or bischo frise, how ever you spell that... Lolz, but any ways toy poodle or bichon frise, not coccerspaniel, but cacapoo, might be fine. And toy poodles or minature poodle stay rather small, toy poodles would be the size of a pillow pet, and a minature would be the size of a turkey, cooked thanjsgiving turkey.... Or stantard but they are big.

• Everyone saying none has no idea what they're talking about and obviously does not know what "hypo-allergenic" means. It does NOT mean "does not cause allergies at all". It means something is LESS LIKELY to bother allergies. It means "below normal".hy·po·al·ler·gen·icadjective /ËŒhÄ«pōˌalÉ™rˈjenik/(esp. of cosmetics and textiles) Relatively unlikely to cause an allergic reactionSeriously, people need to learn how to use a dictionary and educate themselves before answering questions on YA.Some small hypo-allergenic breeds:Poodles (Toy, Miniature)Yorkshire TerrierAffenpinscherBichon FriseChinese Crested Schnauzer (Miniature)MalteseShih TzuWest Highland White And of course there are more... but those come to mind fastest. Just, do your research and I'm sure you'll find a breed you can deal with. Also, don't go for designer breeds. Since they're basically glorified mutts, there is a 50% chance they will be hypo-allergenic and a 50% chance they won't.