What type of dogs are freindly and do not shed a lot!???

My family is looking for a dog to get. We want one that is small or medium size and also that does NOT shed a lot or make a mess. We want the dog to be friendly and easy to train.Does anyone has some suggestions?

My family is looking for a dog to get. We want one that is small or medium size and also that does NOT shed a lot or make a mess. We want the dog to be friendly and easy to train.Does anyone has some suggestions?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What type of dogs are freindly and do not shed a lot!???...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What type of dogs are freindly and do not shed a lot!???

What type of dogs are freindly and do not shed a lot!??? Dog Breed Discussions
      My family is looking for a dog to get. We want one that is small or medium size and also that does NOT shed a lot or make a mess. We want the dog to be friendly and easy to train.Does anyone has some suggestions?

What type of dogs are freindly and do not shed a lot!??? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have a Yorkie he doesnt shed, but takes alittle time once a day to brush him, with long hair. Yorkies are very smart and very easy to train , my yorkie only took a week or so and he was potty trained, they are very loving , and a great size dog in my opinion and totally adorable too. You should really consider one. Good luck .

• um all dogs are friendly, as easy to train as you want (by how much time and how on top of it you stay) but by no means will you git a dog that wont shed alot. yes theres some that you wont notice as much as others but thats bout as close as it will come. hint stay way from rat or jack russle terriers. it takes up to a year for them to learn to go potty out side then they still go potty in the home. i only know this from some people i have knowen and my nextdoor neighbors rat terrier. best of luck

• We have two Italian Greyhounds and we love them. They are very similar to a cat in that that are extemely loving . . . and just as hard headed. They don't shed much (if any - my wife is deathly allergic to dogs and she has experienced no problems.)Just rememebr that if you do go with a Greyhound and you are training them, being their master will not work. They will only work with you in a partnership, not for you.Good luck!

• Bassett hound, daschund, yorkie, scottie, are all low (not no-) shed choices. Try for a terrier mix at your shelter and save a pup. Terriers shed fairly little, are small, and eager to please their owner.

• Dogs that have real 'hair' as opposed to FUR, do NOT shed - other than losing a little bit of hair each month, like you do, which is barely noticeable. These are dogs who don't have much of an undercoat, and they have the type of coat the requires regular clipping. These include:PoodlesCocker SpanielsShih TzusSchnauzers Other breeds that shed little to no hair include the following: (my choices are noted by an "*")AffenpinschersAiredale TerriersAmerican Hairless TerriersAustralian TerriersBasenjisBedlington TerriersBelgian Shepherd LaekenoisBergamascosBichon Frises *Bichon/Yorkie mixesBolognesesBorder TerriersBouvers des FlandersBrussels GriffonsCairn TerriersCesky TerriersChi-PoosChinese CrestedsCockapoos *Coton De TulearsDandie Dinmont TerriersDoodleman PinschersGiant SchnauzersGlen of Imaal TerriersHairless KhalasHavanesesIrish TerriersIrish Water SpanielsItalian GreyhoundsKerry Blue TerriersKomondorsLabradoodles * (but they look kinda funny)Lagotto RomagnolosLakeland TerriersLowchensMaltesesMalti-PoosManchester TerriersMi-KisMiniature Poodles *Miniature SchnauzersNorfolk TerriersNorwich TerriersPeruvian Inca OrchidsPetit Basset Griffon VendeensPoos (Poodle Mixes) * (like Rat Terrier and toy poodle)Portuguese Water DogsPulisSchnoodles (cute)Scottish TerriersSealyham TerriersShepadoodlesShichonsSilky TerriersSoft Coated Wheaten TerriersSpanish Water DogsStandard PoodlesStandard SchnauzersTibetan TerriersToy Poodles *Welsh TerriersWest Highland White TerriersWirehaired Fox TerriersWirehaired Pointing GriffonsYorkshire Terriers. * Two weeks ago we got an 8-week old 'rattle' (Rat Terrier and Toy Poodle mix) and she has a very sleek coat of soft hair (like a poodle but not long) that is not shedding off her at all. Any poodle mix will give you good 'anti-shedding' qualities.Shih Tzus and mixes of them also produce nice-coated dogs.We have friends with a Bichon Frise and they are cute and do not shed fur as they have hair.Any dog will be friendly if you treat and train it right. I love our little 'rattle' as Rat Terriers tend to be courageous, loyal, friendly and VERY TRAINABLE. SO have fun! Remember, though, most 'pure-breed' dogs will cost you $$$ so if you know of anybody who as a puppy that is a result of a mixed-breeding (like our rat terrier and toy poodle) will probably GIVE you one, and you'll probably find a very sweet dog. The advantage to a small dog is that they are VERY easy to take care of, transport and clean up after (I'd much rather have something like a tiny tootsie roll to pick up as opposed to a giant mound of stinky poop).So in short, if were to offer ONE suggestion for a easy trainable non-shedding dog, FIND a RATTLE!! (rat terrier - toy poode or min-poodle mix).

• My family owns a Minature Schnauzer. We have had awesome results with him. I took him to puppy school which helped me tremendously. I would recommend puppy school to anyone who is not familiar with the "dog world." My schnauzer does not shed, BUT he needs a good haircut every few weeks. I groom my dog which cuts down on the price. But it is nice that he does not shed. Most dogs will make messes, but give them proper love and time and you can get wonderful results. I run a daycare out of my home so he just loves the kids. As long as you research for a good breeder and let the pup grow up around kids. Hope this helps! Have a wonderful day.

• All dogs shed at one time or another-we just don't notice it. Usually dogs that are "short hair" breeds like pugs, chihuahuas or beagels are good for not shedding much. Pugs are easy to train regardless of what some people say. Beagels are good trainers as well. Chihuahuas I'm not too sure of with training. Shih Tzus are good trainers, but shed more-but you can always have them groomed, just as you can have any dog groomed. Pits are good with not shedding and are good with training and are friendly-not always good with other dogs-they're more animal aggressive, not people aggressive as some may think. Any dog can be trained if you take the time and it does take time to train a dog. So be sure to keep that in mind. Also you can always ask a vet. (the one you plan on taking your dog to) for their assistance and imput. Hope this helps some. Good luck.

• Hi,Your family should get a cockapoo. My Neighbor has one that I dogsit, and He doesn't shed at all, and he's really easy to train,(I've taught him a few tricks myself) They're friendly too. And medium sized! Some people might say they're mutts, but AKC is working on making them a breed, and hey, what's wrong with mutts??? Good Luck picking out a puppy!