What dog breed would be the best for me?

I live in a small house with almost no yard, so it would be an inside dog. I would take it on a 2 hour walk/jog everyday. I want a dog that doesn't shed, but I don't want a bald dog. I want it to be a good guard dog, too. Last, but not least, I want it…

I live in a small house with almost no yard, so it would be an inside dog. I would take it on a 2 hour walk/jog everyday. I want a dog that doesn't shed, but I don't want a bald dog. I want it to be a good guard dog, too. Last, but not least, I want it…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What dog breed would be the best for me?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What dog breed would be the best for me?

What dog breed would be the best for me? Dog Breed Discussions
      I live in a small house with almost no yard, so it would be an inside dog. I would take it on a 2 hour walk/jog everyday. I want a dog that doesn't shed, but I don't want a bald dog. I want it to be a good guard dog, too. Last, but not least, I want it to be a family dog and easily trained. Too specific?

What dog breed would be the best for me? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Hi! You may want to find out your perfect dog match by taking the short quiz below. The goal here is to help you figure out what type of dog best suits you and your personality.http://lnk.nu/dogtime.com/rxb

• Two hours of exercise a day is not enough for most breeds of large dog. A smaller breed of dog would probably be best for you. There is no breed of dog that truly does not shed. All dogs will shed hair, some just shed less then others. Some of these breeds include: Affenpinscher, Airedale Terrier, Basenji, Bedlington Terrier, Bichon Frise, Border Terrier, Brussels Griffon, Cairn Terrier, Cesky Terrier, Chinese Crested (hairless), Doberman, Havanese, Italian Greyhound, Lowchen, Maltese, Miniature Poodle, Portuguese Water Dog, and Puli. There are other breeds with similar coats. I would not recommend looking for a guard dog if you can only give the dog 2 hours of exercise a day. Large dog breeds require a lot of exercise to keep them happy, healthy, and calm.Any dog can be a family dog and any dog can be trained however all dogs require time, patience, and dedication to training the dog. I recommend seeking out a trainer in your area with a training method you like and talk to them about the right dog for you and your needs.

• I have a Malti-Poo and she is very friendly but barks if someone she doesn't know is in the yard. She also doesn't shed at all but because she has hair instead of fur she smells bad after a day or two after a bath. She is also around 12lb and she is black with a little white. The malti poos are smart dogs and mine is very easy to train she picks up ticks after a day and she doesn't forget how to do them. Malti poo might be a good dog for you but if you want a good little guard dog they wouldnt be bad but they cant really do to much with the whole attack thing. Just read up on some dogs and see what fits you the best. I also have a Australian Shepard mix with Border Collie and he is very calm and smart but a very good guard dog and he is about 75lbs and is an awesome breed but the one bad thing is he sheds and I have to vacuum every other day. But I wouldn't trade him for anything. Good luck with finding the right dog and I hope this helped. about malti pooshttp://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080203160025AAFhKcM