What are some good medium size dogs breeds.?

First off I know that a good dog comes down on how you raise it. However "what I mean" by good is, can you give me a good list of dogs that are (medium size) that you would recommend to someone?We are looking for a dog for our house. So we're looking to…

First off I know that a good dog comes down on how you raise it. However "what I mean" by good is, can you give me a good list of dogs that are (medium size) that you would recommend to someone?We are looking for a dog for our house. So we're looking to…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are some good medium size dogs breeds.?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some good medium size dogs breeds.?

What are some good medium size dogs breeds.? Dog Breed Discussions
      First off I know that a good dog comes down on how you raise it. However "what I mean" by good is, can you give me a good list of dogs that are (medium size) that you would recommend to someone?We are looking for a dog for our house. So we're looking to buy a smallish medium k9.

What are some good medium size dogs breeds.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Honestly, I'd just go to a shelter and see what you can find there.You'd be amazed how amazing the dogs locked up in there are and most of them are medium-sized dogs.Even if you don't plan on adopting, it never hurts to go see what they have.Plus, mutts tend to have fewer inbred health problems, such as hip displasia in most larger medium-sized and large dogs.

• I recommend a Cocker Spaniel. They are medium sized dogs that are well suited for life indoors as long as their are sufficiently exercised. They are gentle dogs that are great with children, if you have any. These dogs are extremely affectionate, so if you want a very loving dog choose this one!Another good breed is a Beagle. They are medium to small, but as long as their are exercised, they will make great pets. They are prone to over eating so making sure the dog stays at a healthy weight is important.Basset Hounds are also great dogs, while they are a little more on the lazy side, they are affectionate. They love anyone who will give them food. This dog however needs to be exercised regularly or they will gain weight quickly.Good luck on finding your new member of the family.

• labs-retrieversborder colliespoodlesbeaglespinchers(not the mini kind)unless u wantbut i really do recommend going to your local animal shelter u might find one that u fall in love with and will be your companion forever

• here are the best medium sizes breeds of dogs you can read about and check out online. pugboston terrierfrench bulldogjapanese chincavalier king charles spanielchihuahuaLhasa apsotoy poodleminature poodlemaltesesiky terrierrat terrierscottish terrierwest highland white terrieraustralian terrierjack russell terriermanchester terrierborder terrierirish terrierwelsh terrierlakeland terrierkerry blue terrierairedale terrierpatterdale terrierenglish bull terrierstaffordshire bull terrierminature schnauzerstandard schnauzerminature pinschergerman/standard pinscheraffenpinscheritalian greyhoundbeagleharrier/harehoundduck-tolling retrieverstandard poodleirish water spanielwelsh springer spanielenglish springer spanielfield spanielcocker spanielamerican cockers spanielgordon setterbrittany spanielweimaranergerman wire-haired pointerjapanese spitzgerman spitznorwegian lundehundswedish lapphundfinnish spitz norwegian elkhoundsiberian huskybernese mountain dog chinese shar peienglish bulldogbergamscoborder collieshetland sheepdoglaekenois shepherdlancashire heeleraustralian cattle dogbouvier de flandres

• I too wanted a medium dog for my smallish house. I went to a shelter and came home with a Basset Hound Mix. She is the most wonderful companion I ever could have asked for. Be sure to check out a shelter, if you adopt an adult you'll already know their full grown size!