my affenpinscher dog sheds all over the place. What can I do about this problem?

I find his fur all over the floor, on my clothes. I sometimes use sticky tape lint remover and get a constant supply of fur....it never ends. I have trimmed him short to help but it does little good. This is a depressing problem for me as it is…

my affenpinscher dog sheds all over the place. What can I do about this problem?

I find his fur all over the floor, on my clothes. I sometimes use sticky tape lint remover and get a constant supply of fur....it never ends. I have trimmed him short to help but it does little good. This is a depressing problem for me as it is…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : my affenpinscher dog sheds all over the place. What can I do about this problem?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• my affenpinscher dog sheds all over the place. What can I do about this problem?

my affenpinscher dog sheds all over the place. What can I do about this problem? Dog Breed Discussions
      I find his fur all over the floor, on my clothes. I sometimes use sticky tape lint remover and get a constant supply of fur....it never ends. I have trimmed him short to help but it does little good. This is a depressing problem for me as it is constant and endless.

my affenpinscher dog sheds all over the place. What can I do about this problem? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Don't be so depressed ... there are more important things to be depressed about.Other than good nutrition and good grooming, there is little a person can do about a shedding dog.Good luck.

• You should vacuum more often. That's not said to be a smart aleck. I have the same problem with my Welsh Corgi mix and my orange tabby (short hair). The animals shed constantly and I have to vacuum every other day or so. It's crazy. You should also groom the dog more to reduce the shedding. I know someone who has a Shi-Tzu and she ALWAYS brushes the dog. She says that there is no hair in the house when she does this all of the time.

• One of the perks that comes with owning a dog. You are to expect this when you own a dog. That said, there are things you can do to help with excessive shedding..a high quality diet, and supplements like salmon oil, flax seed oil, and Vitamin E. Lack of grooming can be part of the problem as well. Brush/groom daily, and switch to a high quality diet, and supplements.Excessive shedding can also signal a health issue, which, of course, should be checked by a Vet.

• try brushing him. when you brush your dog, you will get the loose hair off your dog before it goes all over your house. Ps- do it outside to eliminate the loose hair all over the house.

• a dog bath and a dog brush that is like a horse comb is what you need to get out the deep fur and hair tha is falling out. Then brewers yeast, with omega #3 fatty acids and garlic pills. it provides protain, zinc, biotin for health skin and coat. Pet smart has this product " EXCEL " is the name.I have sib-huskys and they loose hair all of the time tell we started doing this product, it does help.

• I wished I knew the answer... I have two Akitas that shed like crazy.... their hair is on everything... I vacuum but that doesn't seem to help.... I have had food on the table waiting for me to sit down, and what do I find in it...DOG HAIR!!!! I feel you and wished that they didn't shed so much.... I was told that I have to brush them both for at least 45 minutes a day to reduce the hair shedding, but seriously I don't have that kind of time... others have told me that I need to change their food and shampoo.... all of which will probably still not help.... When you find the answer please let me know

• Keep him well groomed and is he's not on a top quality food (something with no fillers, not something you can buy at petco or the grocery store) try switching him to one, it really can make all the difference.