How do I treat chewed dog ears?

About a month ago, one of my dogs began chewing on the other's ears when playing. They don't hurt each other, just rough-house and play, and I have been working with them to stop the ear-chewing. However, the chewed dog ears look bad. They have not…

About a month ago, one of my dogs began chewing on the other's ears when playing. They don't hurt each other, just rough-house and play, and I have been working with them to stop the ear-chewing. However, the chewed dog ears look bad. They have not…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I treat chewed dog ears?...

• How do I treat chewed dog ears?

How do I treat chewed dog ears? General Dog Discussions
      About a month ago, one of my dogs began chewing on the other's ears when playing. They don't hurt each other, just rough-house and play, and I have been working with them to stop the ear-chewing. However, the chewed dog ears look bad. They have not had sores or bled or seemed to hurt to the touch, they have just developed what appear to be callouses on the edges, and the fur is coming out on the edge. Does anyone have any idea on how to treat this? It doesn't seem severe enough to warrant a trip to the vet (it doesn't bother the dog at all, no signs of bleeding, pain, or infection), but it's ugly and I want to improve it.

How do I treat chewed dog ears? General Dog Discussions
    • cover the chewed part of the ear with lots of vaseline, and keep the other dog away until it's healed properly. Wash it off with warm water (don't get water inside the ear) and put more vaseline on it every day.See a vet if it gets yucky or infected. This will also stop flybite in summer as well.

• Eqyss makes Micro Tek products- gel, spray, shampoo. They work wonderfully! "A fast acting, anti-microbial spray that minimizes skin problems on contact. Provides leave on protection which continues to work for over 24 hours. Promotes healthy skin and coat while adding protein to strengthen damaged areas. This formula offers leave on protection to the damaged areas. Will not burn or hurt open wounds."