Help with dog who keeps eating cat food?

May keeps stealing the cats food. There is a stair gate which separates the dogs from upstairs.But she just knows how to open it. And need to confine her anyway as she is soon to be spayed.She's 6 months old. The poor cats food are being stolen by my…

May keeps stealing the cats food. There is a stair gate which separates the dogs from upstairs.But she just knows how to open it. And need to confine her anyway as she is soon to be spayed.She's 6 months old. The poor cats food are being stolen by my…...
    General Dog Discussions : Help with dog who keeps eating cat food?...

• Help with dog who keeps eating cat food?

Help with dog who keeps eating cat food? General Dog Discussions
      May keeps stealing the cats food. There is a stair gate which separates the dogs from upstairs.But she just knows how to open it. And need to confine her anyway as she is soon to be spayed.She's 6 months old. The poor cats food are being stolen by my dog. I've closed the stair gate, by turning the lock at the bottom. But she uses her paws to open it. Literally nothing to stop her from doing this. All money has gone into this spay, which she needs.I don't know what to do about her escaping upstairs. Please tell me how to stop her. She gets feed all the time. But she never eats it now because of the cat food.

Help with dog who keeps eating cat food? General Dog Discussions
    • Okay first of all you should try and put the cat food in a different area to where the dog cannot get it and second of all this is completely normal my dogs and cats have done it for ever and if their doctor has said that it's very normal because they're made with almost the same exact thing and it doesn't really matter if your dog was just fed or not because they're not smart enough to stop eating But if you're really worried about your cats not getting their food then simply hide it up higher on the cabinet to where they can get it but the dog cannot so they get their food I hope to helped and good luck!! :)