Dry skin on my dogs paws and tips of ears?

hi there can anyone tell me what might be causing my dog to have dry skin on the tips of his ears and on his paws he also has a bald patch on one of his back legs. He is on a good type of food and is otherwise in good health. He hasnt had this condition…

hi there can anyone tell me what might be causing my dog to have dry skin on the tips of his ears and on his paws he also has a bald patch on one of his back legs. He is on a good type of food and is otherwise in good health. He hasnt had this condition…...
    General Dog Discussions : Dry skin on my dogs paws and tips of ears?...

• Dry skin on my dogs paws and tips of ears?

Dry skin on my dogs paws and tips of ears? General Dog Discussions
      hi there can anyone tell me what might be causing my dog to have dry skin on the tips of his ears and on his paws he also has a bald patch on one of his back legs. He is on a good type of food and is otherwise in good health. He hasnt had this condition since we had him its only been the last couple of months he is nearly 7 months old now.Any help is appreciated :)we took him to the vets and they gave him an injection which cost £50 it got rid of it for a few days but then it came back.

Dry skin on my dogs paws and tips of ears? General Dog Discussions
    • My dog had the exact same problem, apart from the bald patches were on her head and tail. We took her to the vet who told us that it was simply dry skin and would clear up on it's own. And it did! It took about 6 weeks, but it cleared up eventually and she hasn't had it since.

• It could be a deficiency, it could be hypothyroid, or any number of underlying conditions. See your vet. Dry skin and losing hair is usually a sign of something. The sooner you find out and treat it, the better your dog will be.

• It could be an allergy to either an environmental issue (have you put new carpeting in, or switched laundry detergents?), or it could be a food allergy that he has developed to something in his regular food. Dogs are able to develop an allergy to a food ingredient that they have had all their lives. Or it could also just be typical dry skin. Try bathing him with a Neem Soap as it has antibacterial, anti parasitic and anti fungal properties and is quite effective in treating with skin allergies in dogs. Here's one place online where I know you can but it from - http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/dog-natural-soap