How do you get up dog hair?

My dog is malting badly. He is losing masses of fur. I've tried brushing him bathing him and to no avail. I've accepted that he's gonna malt in the really hot weather we're having, but i'm finding it difficult to get his fur up off my carpet, and rugs.…

My dog is malting badly. He is losing masses of fur. I've tried brushing him bathing him and to no avail. I've accepted that he's gonna malt in the really hot weather we're having, but i'm finding it difficult to get his fur up off my carpet, and rugs.…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you get up dog hair?...

• How do you get up dog hair?

How do you get up dog hair? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is malting badly. He is losing masses of fur. I've tried brushing him bathing him and to no avail. I've accepted that he's gonna malt in the really hot weather we're having, but i'm finding it difficult to get his fur up off my carpet, and rugs. I've got Animal Dyson and that isn't even strong enough. Has anyone got any effective ways of getting up doggy hair?

How do you get up dog hair? General Dog Discussions
    • The only thing I have found that works really well on the carpet I have is the Swiffer Carpet Flick. It does a really good job. I sometimes use a lint brush as well.

• Might not be so cost effective but take some masking tape and roll it the wrong way around your hand. (so the sticky side is out) Make like a mitten of it over just your fingers and roll that across the surfaces. I suppose you could get one of those lint rollers that are similar, but usually get expensive for the amount of hair. I've had cats that shed horribly and had to do that before hoovering over it.

• i find with my dog the same problem,and i use a good stiff brush on my carpet,its hard work at first but you will see the benefit wen you do it every day hope that helps

• get one of them brushes what are sticky and they get hairs off your clothes they are only £3 or £4 pound and they realy do work it got lots of hairs off my carpet.

• Take your dog to the groomers. They have treatment there for dogs that shed like crazy. As for the stuff around your house, you need something that is rubber and knobby. Like a squeegy with notches cut out of it or something, that will help.

• There are a few ways you could go about this. 1.) wrap duct tape around your feet, sticky side facing out, and walk around.2.) vacuum really good, then shampoo the carpets, then after it dries vacuum again.3.) get on hands and knees with a damp sponge and wipe the carpet.4.) pull the carpet out and put in hard wood floors. Good luck.

• anything with a sticky side - like sellotape, packing tape, duck tape etc. wrap it round your hand twice, sticky side up and rub. it pull sup anything from fur to dust. good luck

• It's just one strategy, but it works well on furniture. There is a sponge that is almost rubbery that does a really good job of pulling that hair up. I found it at Lowe's.Also, my dog's hair is pretty long, and I've found that trimming it helps with malting.

• I buy Arm and hammer pet fresh with hair release. You sprinkle it on the carpet and let it sit for about 15 min. The powder neutralizes the static that holds the hair in place. Then vaccum. It releases the hair from the carpet and also makes the room smell nice. The first time I used this product I couldn't believe how much hair I picked up. Hope this helps

• Wow, I have the Dyson also, and it works fantastic. There is actually a large lint roller available in the mop/broom section of stores which is made for pet hair and has a long, broom handle length handle so that you don't have to be kneeling on the floor to use it. The company is called Evercare and it is called a Large Surface Lint Pic-Up. Their website is www.evercare.com if you cannot find the product in your area. Would your dog sit still for you to use one of the small soft brushes on the Dyson on him? Just place it on the hose and brush away, some animals enjoy this, if the noise of the vacuum doesn't scare them! This would be a fun excuse to get out of any unwanted social engagement, date, etc., Sorry, I have to stay home and vacuum my dog....he,he. silly, but fun. Best of luck to you and your oh so furry buddy!